Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please help me name this symptom

I am 27 years old male.

Ok I got some another symptoms, but by now, I want to focus in this one because as far I can remember, was the first, years ago when I was a teen.

I feel a strange sensation, like my blood warm up and down so fast (I think lasts less that 1 second) trough my veins. The body areas where I feel that are the face cheeks and ears, neck, arms, abdomen, lower back and legs but not all areas at same time.

I need to say that I feel this only at the skin level, comes and goes so fast and if I feel this in my legs, for example, that skin area becomes a bit warm for some seconds.

I know some of you people had the same, because is the similar feeling a person have when feels blushed, I mean the "red face" look. The thing here, I feel the same but not only in my face but in another parts of my body and without getting the "red face", I just feel it inside me, in the skin.

So I can say I feel like burning inside me. I can call it

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The sympathetic nervous system can casuse this.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh thank you so much for the reply Misty

I would like to know the specific symptom name. I heard something about Paresthesia. But i am not sure

I really want to look more into it, and try to classify the symptom in the proper field, neurological, endocrinology, or any emotional related thing.

This thing bugs me, and yeah im sure this is leading me to my another main symptom, the shoulder and cervical back pain. They made test about my back, all are ok, so we land in the muscle pain.

Some time ago i read about that there are some health problems that causes mental and even emotional problems (say anxiety, panic attacks, depression, etc). I went to psychologist, and the final conclusion from the doctor was I am mentally ok.

I want to know what kind of blood tests can I ask to my doctor to try put all this confusion down. I don't like the idea of having to go to months of therapy? to the psychologist without have the clear idea of what is going on in my physical brain (not my mind), when still the probability of having a simply hormonal problem, or even any weird thing in my supra renal glands. I just have the feeling my brain dont produce the enough X or Y substance/hormone to make my life normal.

Curious tip: Before this nightmare started, I remember (when was like 16 years old, yeah... so time ago ) that sometimes I felt the 100% opposite feeling... You know, I had a normal life, happy and sad moments, thats ok, but sometimes, I felt some "cool attacks" that I never had the way to explain them of. 1-2 times at day I felt my... state, being cool, not only relaxed, but even some people around me could notice it in my face, you know, like some kind of "aura", some +100% good feeling. And like now this years, that "symptom" occurred to me without ANY palpable reason, I mean not external emotional conditioners, like the being in love with a girl, or the fun I had in some party. It is like "hey... Im feeling strange right now, but I am feeling good" and for some reason I knew (and know) my brain was releasing some hormone of something. The effect used to last some 1-3 minutes... That was not a bad feeling but definitely not normal at all.

The strange thing is that that same year my life changed forever... to worse. I can remember that year my body started to feeling just the opposite to my first symptom, I can name it like a "180 degrees change", in some part of my body, of my brain. Aside of my normal day life with all the eventual ups and downs, my body just started to act strange.. all strange, my blood feeling hot in flashes, my sleeping problems, my tired-looking face, my weight problems..... and the last years, that incredible back and neck pain.

I just want to go to a doctor to him make me blood tests, please no more mental tests. What thing is having low or too high release in my blood stream, what is killing me that slowly way. I am a tranquil person, very optimist person, that kind of one that dont stop in front of little problems of the day life. I am strong, its just something inside my body dont let me BE.
    Knowing the names of the blood tests would be nice to start.

For the record, I never tried any kind of drugs in my life, well, maybe some 2-3 beers every weekend at my age but nothing more.

Thank you again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information