Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ensisoft releases Newsflash Plus 3.3.1

Hello, I've released 3.3.0b7 with a bunch of fixes and some small new features.

Fixes include the par/rar file deletion bug pointed out by zot and RSS sorting bug pointed out by MultiForce.

Other changes include, Connect/Kill switch logic in the connection button, connection # is per server instead of being global, Newznab account creation/registration and some other shit which I now cant remember.

Thanks guys.

-ensi

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ensisoft View Post

If you don't mind.. please replicate the problem and send me a complete connection log so I can give a shot at figuring out what's the problem.
    I'll get to it in a couple of days.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

@zot - Yes server priorization is on the list potentially, just got few things to sort out. I.e. it's easy to get it working for NZB based downloading (RSS feed/Search/NZB files) but for headers it is trickier.
    Then to speed up implementation, I'd suggest prioritising servers ONLY for NZB downloading (and falling back to a single server for headers). I think that header-originated downloads will tend be much less in need of fillservers because many people -like myself- only use headers for smaller files like MP3s. And without compressed headers (as it seems Newsflash doesn't support header compression) a person would be crazy to try to download headers in large groups like a.b.dvd.

The big files (most probably downloaded by NZB anyway) when incomplete can take an extremely long time to par-fix on an old PC -- even longer than to re-download over again from another server. That's one reason why I think fillserver support is a lot more important for NZB downloads than for header downloads.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

-rethinking this-

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I've released 3.3.0b7 with a bunch of fixes and some small new features.

Fixes include the par/rar file deletion bug pointed out by zot and RSS sorting bug pointed out by MultiForce.

Other changes include, Connect/Kill switch logic in the connection button, connection # is per server instead of being global, Newznab account creation/registration and some other shit which I now cant remember.

Thanks guys.

-ensi
    Downloaded now so going to test right away.

I have some issues though (the previous version that is):
    [18:20:51:214] critical error:connection timeout
    [18:20:51:214] thread exiting now!

I have no idea why it is disconnecting as everything else is fine. Iv'e also had Alt.Binz up and running at the same time to see if it disconnects and it doesn't.
    Sometimes it disconnects only a few of the connections that is in use.

The biggest problem with this is that it doesn't make any new connections when a new NZB file is loaded so the program just sits there all day with a bunch of connections not working till I'm home from work and give it a kick in the nuts. I guess that it doesn't use more connections than you specify in options even though half/all of them are dead?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Segfault on linux (ArchLinux):

./newsflash.sh
    QCoreApplication:ostEvent: Unexpected null receiver
    WARNING: Cannot find Mozilla directory containing libgtkembedmoz.so. Some Addins may not be able to function. Please set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to your Mozilla directory.
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

newsflash[5626]: segfault at 1ad ip b6afff62 sp bf83aa40 error 4 in libQtCore.so.4.6.3[b69ae000+266000]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post

I limit my speed by using fewer connections.
    that would work, but I can max my line out using just the one connection.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by executioner View Post
    that would work, but I can max my line out using just the one connection.
    On both US and EU servers? That would be quite an extraordinary feat! :P

Hi guys,

@UseNetLover - Yes I could develop a Mac version... except that I don't have a mac So no Mac version right now. Sorry.

@sassan - Thanks

@MultiForce - Thanks, that's a second request for grouping of the downloads into releases. I quite like this idea.. I have to chew on it for a while to figure out how to do it but yeah it's definitely doable.

These are probably a little bit unintuitive concepts for the users, which is bad desing on my behalf. It's just very difficult to translate concepts that are obvious to you for users. Anyway here's a quick recap:

Yield = Request the currently selected connection to be given a new download to work on. If there are downloads with higher priority they are considered before normal priority ones.
    Clone = Create a new connection based on selected existing connection, basically "duplicate"
    Delete connection = well... delete's a connection, removes a connection, disconnects a single connection. Don't know how to explain it
    Flush = This is a bit bad and only involves headers. If you're downloading headers and you don't want to wait for the whole process to finish you can just "flush" them onto the disk. So you can start browsing while letting the process to continue.

Please, if you have suggestions how to formulate the concepts better on the UI I'm all ears. (And if everything else fails.. there's always the help file )

It doesn't seem to automatically sort after date or whatever when you refresh RSS, you have to click on date to get it to sort it (yeah I'm lazy).
    Yep, this is an unimplemented feature. I'm lazy too

A really dark theme would be nice
    Unfortunately the theme engines come preinstalled with the toolkit (Qt)... maybe in the future.

Callum J

I never need more than 3 connections on EU servers to max out my DL speeds.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information