Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Log in and say "hi, tracker people" and seed a few torrents on the sites you want to keep long-term.

Also, say, "hi, mbm" once in a while, too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
    My entrance exams are coming and I'm not doing well for the preparation due to me being mostly engrossed in the daily activities of FST (being new to BT world and all). And FST has also become my homepage, so its not that I don't spend atleast 4-5 hours here (give or take an hour or so).

Now, I think I'll be able to control myself only if I stop coming to FST for a while (easier said than done )

My exams are 8 months away and around 10 months from now, I'll be getting into my college. So, I've to be inactive for around that period.

Now, I don't want to be like those people who come here and say "I've come after 1 year and now I've been banned due to inactivity everywhere. Please provide me invite to blah blah blah tracker".

No, because I've really worked hard to get my invites.. "earned it" :P (not talking about deserving here) and the ratio I've made in my trackers, well.. It'd be definitely difficult to do that again due to my poor connection and all. So, I can't let go of the trackers I have.

So.. now comes the question of this topic : What strategy should I apply to remain "unbanned"?

I will still be seeding these 8-10 months. No downloading, just seeding. Just, I won't be opening the browser. Now, I ask you all (if it's not a hassle) to please suggest me something in general, what I could do and what I should do. I know, I could have just asked in the ircs of the trackers, but instead of talking to all of them (they might be different in their rules), I just want to get a general opinion.

Should I just go and login once in a month? Or even within a shorter period? Or should I really talk to the mods of the trackers for a way out of this? Or is there any auto login script as such, which can do the trick?

I had some questions aside from this too. If I park my account, can I still seed/leech? And will this activity counted as active as such in the tracker or do I need to login?

Currently as far as I know, only being power user at bitgamer allows that accounts won't be pruned for inactivity.

So, any suggestions from you all?
    i have exactly the same problem with you .and i dont know what to do..????

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

but u still have 8 months before exams,u must really like studying..lol

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Frequent forum posters are the people with ADD in real life. So school might not be any more difficult to focus on than ten years ago, but it likely is for people with a high post per day count.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
    I agree to the above opinions.. but you really don't know what type of students are here.. Studying straight for 2 years, with no fun. Only studying and sleep.

Besides, I think I enjoyed my bit.. Guess it's time to do some studying now. After all, this maybe one of those last times, I've to study what I don't like. After these 10 months, I'd be able to follow on what I'm passionate about. :01:
    I'm certain you will do very well with whatever it is you decide to do. It is very apparent you are willing to work hard for the things you want. That is certainly an admirable trait!

You may do a little bit of reading on "burnout". After downloading and playing the game for the next 20 hours straight, do another search- this time regarding how people (and entire cultures) have pushed themselves to the point of high-stress, suicide, ulcers, and much more. Just find a balance you can thrive with.

All the best in your successful future endeavors!

MBM:happy:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Schol is overratted.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

The delusion that you won't be opening a browser for months on end is quite amusing to me as I study for the baddest bar around (only the boards are comparable).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    Frequent forum posters are the people with ADD in real life. So school might not be any more difficult to focus on than ten years ago, but it likely is for people with a high post per day count.
    Would you mind pointing me in the direction of the study/article/research/poll related to this? I love reading these sort of things.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Quote Originally Posted by kavros View Post
    i have exactly the same problem with you .and i dont know what to do..????
    The whole point of this thread. :happy:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post

The whole point of this thread. :happy:
    what are you mean???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information