I'm an American student living in Vancouver BC. I opened an account with Telus and provided them with everything they needed from me (I.e. Passport, Study Permit, Drivers License, Proof of residence). Nine days after I opened the account, Telus suspended my service. They asked me to fax a copy of my passport, drivers license, study permit, and proof of residence to the fraud department. I did that asap. About a week later, I was still without service. I called them, and they told me to send everything a second time. I provided them with everything again. About another week later, still without service, they won't even tell me whether or not everything has been received. They won't provide me any information on my account as it is considered "frozen". Yesterday, I was presented with a $121 bill from Telus. Why would I be billed for a service that I'm not even getting? At this point, I'm not getting any cooperation from Telus, so is there anybody who can offer me any advice as to what I should do about this? Am I still technically in contract even though they say my account has been frozen? Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Thank you.