Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

Here is an interview with Bryan Singer from Aintitcool.com:

"QUINT: Last time I talked to you you were here at the Con with the first X-MEN. Now you've done two more superhero movies and are back again...

BRYAN SINGER: I know! It's weird. I never expected to be so intertwined with the comic book universe.

QUINT: Since you did it with SUPERMAN and we're both huge JAWS fans, how about JAWS RETURNS and make the real JAWS 3 now?

BRYAN SINGER: I would never touch JAWS! That's something that's too... No, no, no... I have fantasies about it, especially since lately they've been advertising this shark movie (maybe he meant Shark Week on Discovery?)... at all the bus stops, there are all these shark poster... It's got me in a shark mood... but, no, no.

QUINT: C'mon, you can get Brody and Hooper back...

BRYAN SINGER: I couldn't do it! I could do it! I couldn't do it to Steven! He's my idol!

QUINT: So, what'd you think of the overall reaction to the film? I know it's really hard to find anything positive online. People seem to be quick to call anything that's not a record breaker a failure. I saw that happen with KONG.

BRYAN SINGER: Well, there's great affection for the picture and I feel... You know, it comes in all different ways. Sometimes it comes with the domestic box office, sometimes it comes in the international box office. Sometimes it comes in letters from your idols who have never written to you before and from their families. Sometimes it comes from coming down here and having a few people say, "Why didn't you do this?" and a few people who say, "Thank you so much." I can only make a movie I think someone will watch 10 years or 20 years from now and say, "Oh, I'm affected by it!" Or a movie that maybe a woman who doesn't come to these kinRAB of movies will actually watch and get choked up about. That's kind of the idea here.

QUINT: And it seems that across the board people agree on Brandon Routh as Superman.

BRYAN SINGER: Well, that was the key. That was the key. I had to introduce this guy and if that didn't work... And sometimes it takes a certain kind of movie. And by the way, in terms of people's perceptions on domestic box office, this is going up in the face of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, a sequel, but secondly... the last time a SUPERMAN movie was out was a long time ago and its cumulative domestic gross was $15 million.
    When I first made X-MEN 1, it was a comic book, but it was also a Saturday Morning Cartoon. People were like, "What?!?" It took a while to get everybody excited. It didn't just explode.

QUINT: I've also noticed this trend in box office that is pretty different from how things used to work. Back in the day, even great sequels usually didn't match, much less surpass, the box office of the original. Now, I'm noticing that box office on sequels tend to reflect more on the film that came before it. Look at the box office for the MATRIX sequels (RELOADED was huge, REVOLUTIONS was half as big) and LORD OF THE RINGS, with each successive film making more money than the one before it. The box office seems to be genuinely affected by the film that came before it. Look at PIRATES and X2...

BRYAN SINGER: And X3! Look at the opening of X3! Jesus!

QUINT: I think that once you have that audience in place you'll hit it big. That why I keep telling people that a SUPERMAN sequel only makes sense for Warner Bros. It's a good time to have franchises right now... SUPERMAN RETURNS will make its money back no matter what...

BRYAN SINGER: It already has!

QUINT: ... and they'll want the franchise to keep going.

BRYAN SINGER: Yeah. You know, we come out here, we come out foreign, we have the DVD and we build. Suddenly now this group of people, and it took them a while, but they've all finally seen SUPERMAN RETURNS. And now, when you make another one, if they don't like it, then it's not as easy to sell them on another one. My average feedback has been very positive. I feel very good about the picture.

That's that. Short, but sweet. I'd love to sit down and go over the dream of Superman and get more in-depth once he's finished his deal with Warner Bros. for the sequel. Got more shorties a couple half-hour long interviews comin', so keep them peepers peeled, squirts!"

Superman Returns

Here is an article about the Superman Returns sequel from Chud.com:

"There

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

Have to say I really enjoyed the film.

But why did no one find it strange that Clark disappeared for five years as well as Superman, Clark returns and so does Superman, surely someone would have picked up on that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

Hmm, sounRAB like the beginning of a dumb article.

No.

No.

Sort of, but not quite.

Very likely, but by no means a certainty.

Oh good, another clown who thinks SR cost $260 million.

It's still coming, though.

By not wasting millions of dollars on scenes that don't make it into the movie, nor will he have to waste time and money on experimental effects, as was the case with the first one, and some of the more expensive sets, like the Daily Planet are already bought and paid for, so he could easily do a movie of Super Returns' quality for $150 million, but I'm guessing he will have $200 million+ anyway. WB know you have to spend money to make money.

Ahhh, I knew this was going to turn really dumb sooner or later

Nonsense. WB know that they're losing ground and marketshare to Marvel in almost all areas. In the grand scheme of things, they simply can't afford not to get Superman and their other big guns out there.

The only big question mark is over whether or not Singer will be involved.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

Me neither, but you always get people asking these questions wanting to know the answers.

Just like how Eagle Eye Z spots X & Y and then its one of those things you look for next time, lol.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

Why do Kryptonians look like us? Because Jor-El scoured the inhabited planets of the known universe to find a planet with dominant life forms that looked the same.

In an infinate universe there must be a chance that such a planet would exist.

After all you wouldn't send your baby to a world where the main species looked completely different - they wouldn't adopt and care for your child, they would be more likely to put it in a Zoo!

As for the powers, take one part suspension of disbelief, mix with two parts escapist entertainment, and enjoy

Although there is a book called The Science of Superman, which attempts to explain his powers through a mix of evolution and fantastic theory.

For example:

Strength - Heavy gravity, led to the evolution of a stronger species.

Invulnerability - Krypton was home to a number of vicious predators. In order to survive Kryptonians had to develop defenses to this, mainly the impervious to harm bit. Add in the denser muscle and bone mass.....

Solar Battery - on Krypton, red sun, less energy from the sun. Cells developed to maximise use of this lesser energy source. On earth, yellow sun, Kryptonian cells mean abundant energy source.

I can't remeber any more, and it does it in greater detail too :P

Cheers
    Stu.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

DAMN YOU MOTTHUS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THAT! DAMN YOU TO HELLL!!!!!

Wuhu Superman Returns is PROFITABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

TAKE THAT SUPERMAN RETURNS HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very happy monkeyking!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

All of Singer's panel is available as a podcast on...
    http://www.bluetights.net/

Superman Returns

HHHMMMMMMMMMM.........................
    I just recently rewatched Batman Begins and TBH altough I enjoyed it it hasnt a patch on Superman Returns. In BB I found myself bored on numerous occasions and TBH there aint a hell of a lot in it for how long it is with the best sequences comming at the end.

Superman Returns however altough a bit long for the most of the movie going public (though I would have sat there for another 2hours easily!) never really presented the boredom problem. The story kept moving there was always something relevent happening. There was a combo of great action sequences with touching emotional dialogue (which is pretty scarce in BB)

But then again as you said yourself the character doesnt really interest you and I think maybe thats a requirement to really enjoy this movie

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

OK Amazon it is then!!! Im gonna try but Im not sure seem as how Im in Ireland and I dont wanna buy some second hand junk issue!!!

Yeah I think if ANYBODY at WB has a brain then this HAS to be a really really attractive movie. Bale and Routh on screen together? GOLD IMO!!!! Its so easy people who dont like Superman(if there are any!!!!lol) will see it for Batman and people who dont like Batman will see it for Superman and people who like comics(eg Spiderman fans who there is obviously more of!) will see it for both! It COULD be a protenetial license to print money for all involved!!

However with the two movies from each hero first (which makes sense!) it will be probably 2012 before we get it (IF it happens!!)

Darkseid? He happens to be a villain I know little to nothing about so I better get google-ing then!!!!!

I cant wait to hear that Ill be awaiting eagerly to hear what he has to say as well as what plans are in store(if any)!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information