Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Q Smarts

Are there reported problems with Lexus ES350 smart key? My key does not work in

high frequency areas.? The dealership changed the remote but the problem is not resolved. The only all day free parking is near some transmission towers - I have problems locking/unlocking the car and starting the car. Although Lexus is not able to repair the key, they are not willing to do anything about it. They say any car would behave similarly, but have not heard of any other cases. I am trying to find out if this is a common occurence and any advice as to what are my options and how I should go about getting some action from Lexus. This type of response and service does not match the Lexus/Toyota high quality reputation. They pride themselves on listening to the Voice of the Customer - I am not even getting a response from their regional customer service representative.

Mark G
    OK, the first thing you need to do is deal with the dealership that you bought the car from, not the regional CSR. With Lexus, it's a completely different ball game when it comes to problems...if they can fix it, they will fix it correctly and to exactly what the Lexus service manuals and specifications say to do so. It's not that they aren't willing to do anything about it, they're just telling you that even if they change the remote, change the ignition module, etc., that it won't fix the problem. The problem isn't Lexus, it's where you're parking the car. They probably haven't heard of any other cases because there probably aren't many other people in the same situation as you. However, that doesn't mean that you can't change anything to make this situation better. First, are you trying to unlock the car from a good distance away, or are you right beside it? I know with my Lexus GX I have to hit the button a few times to make things go, but it doesn't worry me at all. When you're done unlocking the car, do you put the key in your pocket or leave it in a bag, etc? I had an IS for a loaner and found out that sometimes the car wouldn't start unless I took the key out of my pocket, but all I did was put it in the ashtray and it was great. If you leave it too close to your cell phone it might not work right, either. That's all I can tell you...Good Luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information