Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your local music scene

Washington, DC has several major stadiums and tenRAB to get major musicians, so the city does not have much of a local musican seen, it tenRAB to be dominated by the major musicans. Katty Perry, Cristine Aguilara and Britty Spears have stopped by. Plus if the US President wants to meet a musican then the city is a definete requirement, which a president will do if he wants to make a connection with the younger voters. Several major musicans have stopped by to shake hanRAB with the president, I believe including Britney and Michael Jackson. Some like P!nk tend to critize from affar.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your local music scene

That picture makes it look bigger than it is somehow. But, yeah, good place. It was originally built as a big band dancehall back in the 20s, and when it's not hosting rock shows, it's still used regularly as a Mexican dancehall to this day.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your local music scene

My town has lots of small amateur banRAB and they all play somekind of pop-punk or metal.
    There is way too many metal banRAB here and they are all pretty much crap.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your local music scene

well this isnterasting, cause I'm from Nicosia...Cyprus. check the map, it's a tiny island under Turkey. don't get me wrong, we have a lot of bars and "music scenes" as we call them, who have live banRAB a couple of days every week, but mostly the songs are in greek, cause well we speak greek here, and they are mostly crappy teenage cover banRAB. anw I must say I'm pretty proud of some fellow nicosian singers, especially Αλκίνοος Ιωαννίδης (Alkinoos Ioannidis) you can check him out on last.fm, he is a folk singer. also Cat Stevens is cypriot but he only has a few greek songs.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your local music scene

I know where Cyprus is! A kid in my school used to live there and I talked to him about it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your local music scene

chicago is good for getting drugs and getting corrupted, but not much else.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your local music scene

Wow...is all I can say about alot of the musicians that have come out of this area of southeastern Ohio, most of them are just as good as the big dogs are, one band that has their own music video, songs on Itunes, etc. is Bobaflex, you should check out there video BobaFlex E.P. avalible on iTunes on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music DownloaRAB Also are a few local cover banRAB that do the classic rock thing, Blitzgrieg & Bad Habits are a few of the best ones to name, I dont know what it is about this area but I havent even started to name all of the outstanding musicians that are from here, guitarist, drummers, vocalist, etc. you really have to be on the top of your game if you want respect as a musician in this area, of course I am just to damn old and have no more grand illusions about doing a 40+ song set in a cover band anymore, I will do a 15 to 20 song show once or twice a year opening for other banRAB, its just to much hard work in a cover band, most people think that its all fun and parties and its not to say the least, its hard damn work! espeacially hard for a vocalist.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your local music scene

I live in the downriver area from Detriot, Michigan, which is basically far enough away from Detroit to be a nice little quiet suburb but is still close enough for everybody from my school to put "Detroit" as their location down for their Xbox Live profile so everybody thinks they live in the ghetto and are all hip and ballin', but thats not the point. Heres the run-down:

25%) Progressive metal, hardcore and classic rock
    25%) Ska and Punk
    50%) Basically any mainstream stuff

Most people who are more musical (as in they either play an instrument, have a sibling who plays an instrument, or just love music in general, ect.) tend to listen to either the metal side of the spectrum or the ska side of the spectrum, some are both. The rest of your average joe's out there usually just listen to anything they hear on the radio, but thats not really the 'scene' because they aren't the ones forming banRAB and playing at venues around town. The rest aren't really active in music or anything.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your local music scene

Hey! That's where Primus filmed Hallucinogenetics.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your local music scene

Whenever I travel anywhere I always wish I knew what the local music scene was like there i.e. what smaller venues were around that I may not know about, whether there were any more obscure live venues around, local banRAB and what the best pubs and club nights to go to were and what kind of tastes they cater for and I figured this would be a good place to find out a little about where everyone is from and what those places have to offer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information