I hear AT&T has a way of finding which phone is being used by a specific simcard now. And I really want to buy an unlocked phone. I was thinking of buying a phone with built in wifi and have AT&T turn of any access to 3g data and just use wifi without buying a million dollar data plan from AT&T. But apparently AT&T has ways of finding unlocked smart phones and then automatically charging you for the data plan that you do not want to use. Now I am looking into more of the quick messaging full qwerty keyboard phones like the samsung impression. Can AT&T tell I am using a quick messaging phone and charge me the $20 texting fee. I don't text to much I just want a higher end phone but don't want to pay AT&T's bs fees for those subsidized contract phones AT&T gives out for free. Also what happens if i refuse to pay for it. One of my friends bought an unlocked quick messaging phone and does not pay for a special texting plan so i am assuming that AT&T can't find unlocked quick messaging phones only unlocked smartphones.