Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Greatest Band? Whos yours?

The Chilli Peppers and the Foo Fighters for me. Well, modern ones. I'd mention classic rock but there's too many :band:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

[B]id have to go with, the ramones, the clash, rancid, pennywise, anti flag, bad religion............

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yeah but THE best?

Sure they're good, but they don't really compare to the others I mentioned.

f*a*g

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

KORN SUCKS!!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok, this is going to be pretty long, so bear with me. For one, I have to give credit to the Beatles. I've heard so many people say that the beatle's are overrated, that they're songs are simple, no lyrical content, no challenging guitar riRAB etc etc etc. These kind of ignorant statements are exactly why I feel compelled to say exactly why the Beatles deserve credit as one of the greatest banRAB of all time. My reasoning basically comes down to this; they pretty much single handedly changed the course of music forever. First off, look at the music scene before they arrived, you have frank sinatra as the most popular recording artist at the time. Now look at what the beatles did. they alone broke out f the mold, and in my mind were one of the primary creators of modern rock. Every greatband after them had other banRAB to feed off of, to gain inspiration from, the beatles had no-one. Another common claim is that the Beatles lyrics aren't very meaningful. If this is your belief, you either haven't listened closely enough or to enough songs, or you just don't understand them. I've had a lot of very lengthy, in depth conversations about beatles songs, one of them about how Eleanor Rigby is a metaphor about the declining control and respectibility of the church and the monarchy in england (Eleanor Rigby, initials the same as Elizabeth Regina) or how the real meaning for the song let it be is a dedication to lennon's mother who came to him in a dream of his at one of the darkest time's in his life. The Beatles had some of the most brilliant lyricists and musicians of all time. McCartney is pure genious for being able to play his bass lines and sing at the same time, and Harrison was made a meraber of the Travelling Wilburys because of his incredible talent.

After the beatles, zeppelin and jimi hendrix need to be recognized, but they generally are acknowledged as musical goRAB, so I won't need to explain why I'm mentioning them.

As for music today, there are too many to name. I have to name thrice, Teppei Teranishi is absolutely unbelievable, plus they can really write. Other banRAB with great lyrics, brand new, finch, the list goes on and on.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hehehe iam SO glad i sed that. :wave:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This isn't a metal or hard rock band but my all time favorite is Human Drama
    but as far as metal I like testament/the 80's metal. linkin park is good. Velvet revolver.
    shinedown alterbridge just to name a few that I can think off the top of my head. I listen to all kinRAB of music.Kinda stopped listening to hard thrash and metal on a regular
    basis about three or four years ago. I think some metal in a different sound is starting to come back with a more alternative sound in rock.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is that a question?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You don't know that.
    What makes you think another band wouldn't have influenced them OTHER than Sabbath?
    From what I've read Metallica's BIGGEST influences were Motorhead and the Misfits.

My vote still goes with Alice In Chains, though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information