Is it a normal pattern to get in an argument and close off for a few days and say little words and then come back and be ready to talk and work it out? I have been with my boyfriend for nine months so we are still learning about each other. We got into an argument and I actually got upset with him about something. I threatened to break up with him over it because he wouldn't fix it. I calmed down and the next day sent a really long nice email not apologizing but saying that I didn't want to break up but that I just got frustrated because i felt like he wasn't trying with us. I also said that I have a lot of work to do and i really want to do whatever it takes to work it out because I love him so much. It was like a really long e-mail. HIS RESPONSE: I am glad you wrote your feelings, It was good. ???? I am so confused. I feel like he does this to me and leaves me feeling like this for days then decides to talk later? Is this normal?? Or is this time different?? Could he be done?? I want to know is this a typical way for a man to argue?? Fight and get upset and shut down for days? Please someone help.