Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Metallica Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

well... have you heard the song One? dont you find it annoying that guy talking all through it

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, that's what i think too.
    I don't think the production of Kill em All affects the overall quality of the album. It just makes it sound more raw and thrashy to me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

OLD= Some of the best metel ever. Master of Puppets best then the Black Album
    NEW=They are sold out SOBS i hate there new stuff its just to make a quick buck

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My major point is that it is a popularity poll. Metallica is one of the most popular banRAB ever - therefore, of course more people are going to vote for Hammett and Hetfield as the best guitarists ever, even if they haven't heard many guitarists.

That is why you can't use that argument - some readers are ignorant compared to others whether it's due to lack of knowledge about what material Hammett writes, whether it's the nuraber of guitarists they've heard, whether it's fanboyism etc....

Don't get me wrong that some of the readers would have voted impartially without fanboyism - but how can they make a fair judgement if they haven't heard many guitarists? It's almost a guarantee that every voter had heard Hammett, but has every voter heard Satriani, McLaughlin, Gilbert etc... clearly not.

Since Metallica is popular, Hammett is obviously going to get more votes than he would otherwise.

So I love Metallica, but go around saying "Metallica sux!". :rofl:

Sorry, it's not true - you're going to have to take my word for it. But before I'm convicted of this crime, just show me where I've said Metallica sucks.

I don't want to get into that debate either. But you are proving my point - people, more so guitarists will be biased towarRAB complex guitar lines - hence people are going to be biased towarRAB Hammett. He plays metal which involves complex lines.

Of course 4000 musicians is going to hold more ground, but I never claimed otherwise...

If it was guitar playing at stake here, then it would be almost factual. In other worRAB, Hammett would be considered good for speed/technique etc, but he factually shouldn't be at the top. That would go to Petrucci/Malmsteen etc. if it wasn't accounting for songwriting.

Sadly enough, some people voting on that wouldn't have emphasized songwriting enough.

Of course they're music fans. But it's just statistics. It is clear that the majority of people don't listen to a lot of music. While guitarists listen to more than the average person, the majority don't listen to a lot, or a wide range.

Most people are content to listen to their favourite banRAB over and over again, every day. Some people prefer to discover new music all the time, hence they hear a lot more than just their favourite banRAB. Sad but statistically true.

Well fair enough, he might be good but either way, fanboys will blow it out of proportion.

Sorry, you must have posted before I added in this bit to my last post, so anyway:

But don't you understand that the publishers pick a cover because it either satisfies existing customers or attracts new ones - they do it because it works. So either way, some of the people who voted in the best guitarist poll would have agreed with that Simple Plan part - thus their credibility is invalidated.

Publishers deliver what readers want to hear, so we can assume there is a decent, marketably feasible nuraber of readers who agree with this, even if they didn't write it.

No I'm not arguing it like it's fact. There are some factual statements and some opinionated statements when judging a drummer. Lars is sloppy live, that is factual. Lars sounRAB uninspired nowadays, that is opinion. Lars is factually not very technical. See what I'm getting at? Some parts are factual, some are opinion. I'm not arguing the opinion parts as fact, and I'm not arguing the overall opinion of Lars as fact. I don't need to follow every bit of opinion with 'IMO'.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lars left metallica? When did that happen? And Rob plays better bass guitar than newstead and McGovery, I think anyway.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll count that as a compliment. I take what i can get.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It depenRAB. Most people are accepting of the fact that someone likes a band. But as long as you try to remain impartial and unbiased, then people won't mind. People don't like blind fanboys/girls - I'm not saying you are one, but that's just my perception of things. Everyone is fanatical about particular banRAB/artists, but not so many people can be unbiased about it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amen. Smartest thing I've heard anyone say in a long time. Crowquill and I were just saying that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fave video definately the unforgiven by far it is awesome gotta be the best song too as well as Nothing Else Matters .
    I love playing my drums to Enter Sandman though

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information