So I have a pair of Eclectus, as well as another male and a few other types of parrots.

The female, for this purpose, can be 'E'. Her mate, 'G'. Both are 4 years old and known to have been mutually preening and feeding each other. Both are also very affectionate to our family - hand raised.

E is known for her plucking. All problems were sorted, but by the time she was able to be seen by an avian vet, it had become a bad habit, and hasn't been completely fixed ever since it started. She's only missing the patch of red on her chest.

At the time, she and her partner had a nest box in their cage, and upon inspection we discovered she had been using her own feathers as nesting material. At the time the male was still too young to be mating.

We're looking to start them breeding properly, pulling the babies at around 6-8 weeks and hand raising from there. They have an L nest box, and we plan on putting them into a larger aviary.

The main question is - Is there any nesting material that I can put into their nest that will help leave E's plucking to a minimum?

Also, although I've own parrots for a while (including the Eclectus) I've never really bred /or hand raised\ so ANY tips would be appreciated