I am self employed and I must admit I sometimes avoid any topics that have to deal with what I do for a living (successful self employed programmer and online marketing). Sometimes someone else brings it up though.... like today innocently my friend introduced me to one of her guy friends and everything was cool. Then later she mentioned to him that I run a successful online business and such, then suddenly the guy is like "wow man I been trying to do that I will get your email and phone number from your friend and we can talk!".

I get that a lot and I find it annoying that when someone finds out what I do, they expect me to reveal all of my secrets and help them become successful for free? No one helped me at all, I learned from losing money, coming up with new ideas, and spending a lot of time and research to become successful. No one just told me all of the secrets and made me make more money. When I meet someone with a good job I never ask for free help, I just think it is rude. Do you consider this normal?