shall rule over it"? Thank you very much for taking the time to consider these questions tonight, here is the full context of this question, I look forward to hearing from you all : )

"....And Cain glowed with anger, and his face fell. And Jehovah said to Cain, Why have you angrily glowed? And why did your face fall? If you do well (right and good), shall you not be accepted (elevated, exalted)? And if you do not do well, sin crouches at the door; and its desire is for you, and YOU SHALL RULE OVER IT. And Cain talked with his brother Abel. And it happened when they were in the field, Cain rose up against his brother Abel and killed him. Gen 4:4-8 (MKJV)

In this amazing encounter sin we see God clearly warning and encouraging Cain that if he was not doing what was acceptable, "sin was crouching at the door", desiring him.....BUT God showed Cain the God granted dominion that man was given OVER sin, saying, "YOU SHALL RULE OVER IT"!

"YOU SHALL RULE OVER IT" ! So amazing is this powerful directive that God gave to the firstborn son of man.

How important is it to delineate between our desires and sin's corrupted desires, in order to "RULE OVER IT"?

So amazing is this discovery, that the Apostle states "if I do what I do not desire, it is no more I working it out, but sin dwelling in me"

THIS QUESTION is asked in the pure hope that we may discover WHAT DOOR sin crouches at....(and SLAM THE DOOR IN ITS FACE!) For "YOU SHALL RULE OVER IT!!!!" Amen!??? : )
For IT (sin itself) IS desiring deceitful, wicked, perverted, corrupted, desires FOR US.....trying to make us think it IS OUR OWN DESIRE, so that we will align ourselves with its wicked will, choose to act them out....right? : )

For example, did Cain really desire to kill his own brother ? What had his brother Abel done to deserve such wicked treatment?

Cain was in a critical condition, it was crucial for him to either over~rule sin's desire ("you shall rule over it", or let its wicked desires come through that door, and enter into him, to play them out to his own hurt.

So then....Does Jesus uncover who it really was that killed the first man ?....We just read that "Cain rose up against his brother Abel and killed him."..... But what is Jesus' perspective of truth on this very occurrence?

"You are of the Devil as father, and the lusts (sin's desire) of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and did not abide in the truth because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own, for he is a liar and the father of it."
John 8:44

Also, we see that Cain's countenance had fallen because his brother's offering was accepted and his was not....Does the condition of our very countenance, whether uplifted or fallen, effect how well we are able to detect the deceptions of sin's distorted desires?

This word which God used for "Door" when He said "Sin lies at the door" is ????
pethach
peh'-thakh
From H6605; an opening (literally), that is, door (gate) or entrance way: - door, entering (in), entrance (-ry), gate, opening, place.

In that day Jehovah of Hosts shall be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, to the rest of His people, and for a spirit of judgment to him who sits in judgment, and for strength to those who turn back the battle to the gate. Isaiah 28:5-6

Isn't it awesome to KNOW that Jehohvah (The LORD) of Hosts shall be for a crown of glory, a diadem of beauty, to the rest of His people, and for STRENGTH to those who turn back the battle to the gate ?

Wouldn't the Lord, as "a crown a glory, and a diadem of beauty" also help our countenance not to fall ? : )

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of HIS COUNTENANCE." Psalm 42:5

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of MY COUNTENANCE, and my God." Psa 42:11

Much love to YOU and to all : )

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Bonus Passages ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

But if I do what I do not desire, it is no more I working it out, but sin dwelling in me.
I find then a law: when I will to do the right, evil is present with me.
For I delight in the Law of God according to the inward man;
but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin being in my members. Rom 7:19-23

"But the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh; so that th