as dependents on his taxes? I'm 36, mother of 3 teenagers. Over a year ago I lost my job. I have been on unemployment since mid January of 2010. We live with my boyfriend ( he is not their dad).

I am assuming I will not get a tax return, as I had no witholdings taken from my unemployment payments.

Question:
1.Can my boyfriend claim me and my three kids as dependents on his tax return? Assuming he would not get the EIC credit because theya re not his kids.

2. Would I still need to file a return on the unemployment payments I received? ($14,300)

3. I am a FT student earning my Bach...does being claimed as a dependent on his taxes affect my ability to get Pell Grants or student loans for the next FAFSA application year (2011/2012)?

4. If I received student loans/grants this year and he decides to claim us as dependents, will I get in trouble for having filed a different status the year prior, understanding that the 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 are based of MY income from the previous years when I was working and was filing head of household?

Thank you for taking the time to help me find the answers for these questions :-)