I'm making christmas dinner, like an idiot, for my entire family for the first time. there will be about a dozen people. how the heck am I supposed to figure out exactly when you're supposed to put things in the oven so that I don't have *lukewarm* things (barf)? and how can I find out what I can make ahead of time? any websites? how do you supermoms and superdads do it? any tips would be helpful. I don't have a set menu (there are things I have that I would like to serve but if you've got a website that has a list of the entire day and how to do it then that trumps whatever I want to make).

let me in on your secrets.

PQ: do you go somewhere for the holidays (even Easter or 4th of July or Boxing day or whatever the heck you celebrate) or do you have people come to your place?
should have asked this when kids were in school...oops.
ham! and fish. fish will be done on the stove top so that doesn't matter...

I guess I'm mainly just confused about sides...can I make stuffing and gratin and all of that the day before and just warm it up in the oven? or do you prep everything and keep it all separate and them combine and bake? or do you combine everything, refrigerate it, and then bake it the next day? or do you make everything and slave over everything all day and then put it all in the oven at the very last minute so it's hot? I'm overanalyzing aren't I.

we're having cold appetizers and I'm making the desserts one and two days before...but I guess I'm just concerned about the day of with the sides and the main dishes.

what I wouldn't give for a double oven.
Diet C, you're my girl. do you like a bargain as much as anyone?