Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Avatar: The Last Airbender #3: "Air, water, earth, fire... fan and sword!"

Hey everyone! It's been awhile.

So about the movie. I didn't see it. I had hope that it wouldn't suck until I saw that Roger Ebert gave it half a star (and then saw that he gave Twilight two stars) and I knew I wouldn't be able to handle how horrible it was.

I tried to talk my frienRAB out of seeing it, but they did anyway and reported back to me that I had made the smart decision in refusing to see it.

Let's never talk about the movie again...

I'm super excited for Legend of Korra. I read that it's going to be a mini series at first and if it does well there'll be a full series to follow.

I love kick-butt female characters. Plus steampunk. It's gonna be awesome.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have watched the movie. But the cartoon. Even I heard about it first time hear. After finishing the movie I feel like where's the other part. Is another part is gonna be released? The ending seems that there would be a part must.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

trailer looks good-can't wait to see more.

still no sign of katara or sokka though. or appa for that matter.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just wanna say, this is what Aang sounRAB like! Finally! And he sounRAB so adorable and nice. So now I think the only two actors I'll enjoy is Dev and the cutie newbie, Noah. (I can't believe we'll have to wait until the third movie before Dev and Noah have their fun friendly adventure! I guess we'll have to settle for the Blue Spirit moment.)

[yt]8Iy1oeEdkbs[/yt] [yt]Qh3iO3DoiFo[/yt]

(Upon rewatching the clips, I think in that second video Noah actually says he wants to meet up with Dev Patel the most at the KCA. Cuteness!)

... Okay, I know most, if not all, fans of the original cartoon despised the movie but you may have an advantage in not having the cartoon in mind to compare to the actual movie. The downside is that there's a greater chance it will be confusing in some parts so if you have any questions come here and we'll answer them! Heck, even if you don't have questions come here and share your opinions on the movie; I'd be really curious what a non-ATLA viewer thought about it.

This! I will second what Ann said. (You're welcome on the welcome, BTW. :lol

If you do watch the movie first, go back to the library and look for the first season. (If they don't have it, maybe you can request it from your librarian) You could also netflix it, rent it, or download it through... uncertain means I cannot elaborate on.

I urge anyone who has visited this thread and not seen the cartoon; take the holiday break to check out the first few episodes! Especially since the first few episodes are in the north pole and all snowy and mood setting.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh yea, live action films worry me too. Especially with M. Night Shyamalan as the director. He hasn't been doing so great in his last movies.
    Have you guys seen the rumored cast? Its pretty out there...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

always have been an avatar fan, but lawschool has kept me busy and i stopped watching mid-book2. just finished re-watching book 1, and went on to finish books 2 & 3 in... uhm.. 2 days, haha.

i just want to say that after all, there was a point to my liking zuko even during the first episode (amiRABt all the angst)

the finale was mind-bending!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I LOVE COMMUNITY!!!

Ah, but I think we ship different couples yet again Hestia :lmao: I ship Jeff/Annie

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yea I heard that there might be a sequel due to how much the movie has made worldwide :no:

After reading your review (I was so disheartened I didn't even have the energy to reply to it!) and then hearing how bad it was from my friend who also loves Avatar, I just didn't even waste my money or time. I really hope M Night doesn't direct the sequel if there is one.

But yay on the new series! :yay: I'm actually kinda excited after I read that! I didn't even know they were going to do a series so I can't wait!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hehe glad you posted the site allison chains, i was just thinking of doing it myself.
    they recently added a new pic of dev as zuko in the southern water tribe and a new set pic as well. very cool.

at first i didn't know what to make of dev playing zuko but since looking at these pics, i think i'm warming up to him.

what i'm worried about is how they will do appa and momo how can they pull that off in a live action movie? idk. and hey-hopefully pictures of katara and sokka will surface soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information