Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket Communications does anyone use it?

Cricket Sux!!!!!!!!! They have 2-3 HUGE "No Service" area in my City, Its CDMA, which is REALLY monotonus, ALOT of background noise, And once u go out of the service area, the fone is TOTALLY useless, u cant even call 911. If VStream is availible, I would rather have that..........

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Noodiez, It's good to see a fellow Buffalonian on the board. I actually have Jump Mobile which is Cricket's Prepaid and I love it. Might switch up to Cricket sooner or later, but since I work from home I have no real need for a cell phone. The service in this area is great for Cricket as well. Just like you I know a lot of people who own Cricket phones and have used them as their regular phone line. My niece just moved into her first apartment and never bothered to turn the phone service on since she has Cricket. She doesn't need it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've posted a few thoughts in the "Galaxy" section.
    Mostly, I like to weigh all the +s and -s of the two services.
    Haven't been to any of the sat rad boarRAB for a while except when I get an Email notification.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here in Knoxville, TN, I know tons of people with Cricket phones and they're not THAT bad, though they're not all that great either... just mediocre, I guess. The one complaint I have about them aside from the horrible coverage and no roaming is the voice quality. I have a friend with a Nokia 5170 and a Motorola V120 and neither of them sound all that great, though the V120 is considerably better. Seems that I've heard slightly more people complain about dropped calls and missed calls with Cricket than with, say, Verizon, but still, for $40 a month for unlimited local calls, I don't guess you can complain THAT much.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Service varies by region for all mobile phone companies, unfortunately your post is not very helpful since "my city" could be anywhere.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess for what its worth, Cricket is a great service for those who do not travel outside of their local area. What I don't understand is why won't Cricket allow you to roam in other Cricket areas?

Two frienRAB of mine used Cricket, one was in Denver and the other was in Phoenix. Calling my friend in Denver was usually not a problem, but calling my friend in Phoenix would sometimes produce a "all circuits are busy" message from Cricket. My friend in Denver does complain a lot about Cricket's coverage, but overall it does work for him when he travels around the Denver/Boulder area.

Here in Orlando we have nothing like Cricket or MetroPCS...we do have all the other "main" carriers, minus AllTel & US Cellular.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Colurabus, Ga........

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Suncom in my local area (Upstate, SC) is now offering unlimited local usage WITH long-distance... that's right! FREE long distance unlimited anytime!! and get this,, the plan also includes 300 min. to use outside of the local area and anywhere in the nation, even analog roaming for $49/mo. They are currently a TDMA carrier (part of AT&T) but are converting to GSM later this year. I wonder if these plans will carry over to the new GSM network??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I live in the Metro Phoenix, Arizona area.

I pay $50.28 with tax for Cricket.

I get unlimited local calling under the cricket talk which includes
    voicemail, caller id, call waiting, 3 way calling.

Cricket talk includes a credit of $40 each billing cycle that can be used for nationwide long distance at the rate of .08 per minute or .18 per minute to mexico, or directory assistance i forget the rate on that it hink its 1.00.

Here in the phoenix area it is great minus the South Phoenix area called awahtukee.

It's great for people who do not travel.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here in the Salt Lake City, UT area Cricket is at least as good as Sprint(this is in my opinion, one of Sprint's weaker markets). I don't have any dropped calls with Cricket, but my home, which is also a problem with Sprint. I never had a busy signal with Cricket and I think that it's a pretty good deal to get Unlimited Local Calling, 500 Long Distance minutes, which can also be used to Canada and Mexico, Caller ID, Call Waiting, Voicemail for $39.99.
    There are a lot of people here that use Cricket, but even more people use Verizon here. Within the last 18 months, I have seen major increases in Cricket's coverage, filling in dead spots, adding lots and lots of cellsites. Now, their service is really good here in S.L.C. and it would not be a bad choice if you don't travel outside the Wasatch Front.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information