Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket Communications does anyone use it?

Nokia 8270 Ring tones
    Nokia 8270 users can now go to www.Me43.com for their ring tone neeRAB.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

sweet yeah cricket has come along way i love it!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had Cricket. They were good while I had them. After almost a year I had no use for Cricket and went on to another company. I miss my Old 5170i

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

me43 used to be a great site until they started charging.... (Sigh) there are no great sites for US users to get ringtones, pic messages, etc for free... Zingy was cool for a while to... As far as the quality of these phones go, I find them really bad.. Nokia especailly... if your going to have to use this service I would recommend Audio Vox by Qual com... the qaulity is wayyy better and not alot of dropped calls..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, Cricket isn't too bad, but they do definitely have more coverage gaps than, say, US Cellular or Verizon around here... As I also said before, their voice quality leaves a little bit to be desired, but as long as you stay on the main highways, you shoud be great. For $40 a month, it's a great deal as long as you don't travel outside the Knoxville area. It would never work for me, as there are far too many places I go that I would not have signal with Cricket (and I've verified this by having my friend with her Cricket with me). Also, I'm curious which phone you have with Cricket... my friend has the Nokia 5170 and has had lots of trouble with missed/dropped calls... However, frienRAB with the Motorola v120c haven't had anywhere near as many problems, and the voice quality is markedly better. She's thinking about getting the 6370 and I was curious to find out how reception and call quality is with that phone. Anyone heard anything about it or used it?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

well the best features about cricket is that you dont need a contract and its unlimited texting and calling...... mostly everyone here in Denver have cricket..... only the wanna be cool people have T-mobile so they can have a sidekick3 haha...... but everyday more people are switching to Cricket because it has better signal than most providers except for sprint..... i remeraber when cricket came out i wanted it because of the phones they had(old brick looking keoceras) and now i still dont like the phone bacause they get messed up in the first 2 weeks you have it but its good to know that technology has come a long way and now you can change providers and keep the same phone or get the phone you like and choose the provider that you preffer the most deppending on your neeRAB

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket is like having a landline phone that goes around town with you. It is great, unless you ever need customer service for any reason. You get what you pay for! The company will nickel and dime the customer to death with small charges....such as $15 to change your plan, $15 to change your ESN, $5 to pay your bill at a company store, etc, etc.

In my town (Tucson), they have armed guarRAB at every company store to keep irate customers from getting out of hand.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have used the 5170i and there are only a couple of dead spots in Knoxville, there are none that I have ran into in Maryville.

There are also dead spots with other providers.

I have never had a dropped call while using the phone at home and we have quite a few hundred hours logged on it.

Cricket is awesome, people just assume since it is cheap, the service will have problems.

I thought AudioVox was manufactuered by Toshiba?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a friend in Knoxville who has Cricket. He's never had any issues with it. He's talked to me while driving sometimes and I've never heard any chops outs nor has his phone dropped a call on me. He seems to be happy with his Cricket service.

Cricket isn't that bad in Knoxville as long as you stick to the Knoxville metro area or plan on using it for a home phone replacement. Check the coverage map carefully before you sign up though.

Cricket seems to have a better phone lineup now too if you check their website. They also have a truely unlimited plan that isn't that bad if you never really travel.

Cricket Unlimited:

$44.99 per month for the first 3 months, then $54.99 after that.
    Unlimited Anytime Minutes over your Cricket service area
    Unlimited U.S. Long Distance Minutes (except Alaska)
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Caller ID, Call Waiting, Voice Mail
    3 Directory Assistance Calls Per Month

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information