Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket Communications does anyone use it?

curious to know if the service is any good. I'm really wanting any general information about Cricket in general. A friend of mine works for voicestream and he was thinking it might be a good company to look into.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket in the Spokane, CDA area has decreased dramatically in the last year or so. I should know because I got my phone before they declaired bankruptcy and the service was good enough. The calls sounded hollow at first, but now that they have laid off so many of their network support folks (because of the BK), and oversold this market that I would be happy to have that hollow sound vs. the hiccuping, fuzzy and droped calls that I get now. This is a company in serious straights, the under staffed network, and over worked system is resulting in lousey call quality. Customer service at their company "store's" is so bad that worRAB cannot describe it and the long distance call quality they offer is abysmal. Stear clear of this provider!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I will agree that there are deaRABpots with other providers. I have found a few deaRABpots even with US Cellular and Verizon around here. However, my friend was complaining about dropping calls in South Knoxville off Moody Ave and a few other places I can't remeraber. It may have been a temporary thing because she hasn't had that much trouble of late. Oddly enough, Cricket, being 1900 Mhz and all, should have problems inside buildings. At the place I work, Sprint PCS gets 1-2 bars and so does Cingular, but Cricket gets 4 bars and works great. US Cellular also gets 4-5 bars, but Verizon only 1 bar (and their tower is on Sharp's Ridge!... I work just below it off Broadway). Cricket just doesn't go very far north or all that far West, but as long as you stay in the city their service has actually improved quite a bit over the past 2 years, from what I can tell. For Leap Communications to supposedly be short on cash, they sure are working hard to improve service in this area. And now that they're offering all the features and long distance for $39.95, it's actually a really good deal.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i don't know if i heard the commercial right, but did cricket offer unlimited calling for only $39.99/month?!?!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

in my area, Buffalo, i would say cricket is probably the main service provider. everyone i kno has a cricket. it replaced a lot of home phones around here. theyre service is pretty good in buffalo and i think it even increased since theyve first come out. i had cricket when they first came out and yes, they did have problems. mostly dropped calls. i got rid of my phone tho because of this and theyre small phone selection. since then tho they have got a lot of new phones and have built up theyre service. its impressing. ill be a loyal customer for a long long time!!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes i know this post is old..but..... I would have to say the same for Cricket here in Denver colorado. I would say that 1 out of 4 people have cricket... not just kiRAB but everyone. Cricket is really good here. i have never had a dropped call...well not that i can remeraber.

I had cricket back in 02 than i lef them wand went to attws... yea that sucked.. so i went to sprint...its was ok...but i wanted something cheaper tmobile!... had them... but there service wasnt that great.. so here i am. back with cricket...never to leave for a long time! for 50 bucks a month including roaming! I dont nee anything else. they already have the web enabled on there xcursion! It will be coming in summer 06. and not to mention EV-DO!

so just to say the least Denver Colorado Loves Cricket wireless!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any adult who wants quality services shouldn't have ever used Cricket in the first place!! This network is really only for teens who cant shut the hell up from talking to their frienRAB all over the Valley... lol

Verizon and Sprint are the best out here.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes they do, but realize that they are more of a replacement for landlines. Those unlimited minutes are only good when you're in your local geographical area. Also, the minutes do NOT include long distance. Check out their website here.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you mean it does not go far west? It goes all the way past Farragut and into Lenoir City.

You can either pay Bellsouth 29.95/month for complete choice plus your long distance and reach as far as your 2.4 GHZ phone will go, or pay Cricket for a phone that will definately go further than a 2.4 ghz. If your Cricket phone goes any further than your cordless phone, you have a better deal.

Your friend must have had a defective phone because I've never had dropped calls other than going through dead spots which are no more than the other carriers in the area. My dad has had them all!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love Cricket and I have had it for several years. I don't ever seem to run across that many people who use it though. I don't know why it's not more popular than it is. I never have any problems with it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information