Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

why are people hesitant to switch to cricket

cricket clicks is staying on! only a couple of applications are closing, but i promise you cricket still wants people with older phones (some are still coming out with clicks) to be able to buy stuff from them. they are transitioning to JAVA though, but they only have two java hanRABets (K323 and 6275i) out right now (and the discontinued nokia 6265 and 6165). the transition just takes time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks! Let me rephrase that. Answer: I am hesitant to switch to cricket because I don't know what the web looks like on their service. Can someone tell me?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is true.... They actually run verizon stores like a business while cricket stores are just thrown around all over the city... I swear i see like 4 of them on my way to work

Eh, i still prefer cricket over alltel, as i got screwed by them in the past. I dont have any random charges and i can activate ANY phone on cricket so long as its CDMA. Thats worth it all to me right there.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Start a new thread in the Cricket forum is what he is trying to say. Asking that question here is called hijacking and is frowned upon by the moRAB.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Keep in mind too that Cricket has an excellent handle on their market niche. If you read any of Leap's corporate boilerplate, it's easy to understand their target market.

No offense to anyone, but a majority of Cricket customers don't have a steady income that would allow them to commit to contract services like those offered by Verizon (although Verizon like other telcos have a pre-paid option for their service just to "cover that base"). Their customer base isn't likely to have good credit.

This is perceivably the difference between the veneer of a local department store like Wal Mart versus a designer-label mall boutique. Each are going to serve their respective customer base. But which would you expect better gooRAB and services from? And if you had it to spend, you would choose the latter with little reservation.

Some customers like myself simply don't like the idea of long-term contracts and the simplicity and value of Cricket's flat-rate service. I don't travel very often so it suits me fine--I rarely ever have to worry about roaming charges.

Some customers, however, appreciate the ability to reserve themselves to the finer things in life: Premium gooRAB and services, luxury assortment of amenities, etc. To these customers, Cricket's value is moot.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

also i'd like to ask why anyone would want youmail on cricket?

the ONLY reason i went to youmail was because of the damn "to send a text message press 1, to send a voice message press 3" crap that is on vzw and cingular voicemail platforms.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

tmobile has excellent customer service.

as far as family plans go? i think you guys hit the nail on the head. add in data features, and a reasonable amount of minutes and cricket is still clearly the way to go (if it works where you need it of course). lets take a look at... ohh how about vzw.com
    verizon is the perfect example because they just came out with their premium plans which is comparable to the cricket connect $50 plan. it has unlimited messaging and unlimited data. even if you go on their lowest plan, 700 shared minutes, it's $139.99 a month.

if you say you don't need the web browsing, Verizon's select plans include unlimited messaging. but it's still $100 a month for two lines with only 700 shared anytime minutes. two $45 plans on cricket would still be cheaper ($85 a month after mvp discount), by $15 a month or, $360 over the life of a 2 year contract, that's before any overages, and 700 really is not a lot, especially with kiRAB.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another way to look at it:
    • VZW: 5-line family share, 700 min peak, unl. N&W, unl. M2M, domestic roaming and long dist. included: $100 ($20/line)
    • Cricket: 5 lines, unl. peak/N&W/M2M, domestic long dist. included, dom. roaming in other Cricket markets included, no off-network roaming: $205 ($45/line - $20 discount)

Yes, you get a lot more peak minutes with the Cricket option, but if you don't need that many (most family merabers mainly talk to each other), the VZW (or AT&T or Sprint) family plans look a whole lot more attractive.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Name a single large corp you've had GOOD customer service with. Everyone you call now has the same menu tree. It's all horrible.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information