Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

why are people hesitant to switch to cricket

I have been with cricket for over 4 years now, and have watched it grow from a you can talk and text provider to a almost everything provider. I have all the things i could want, no contract, and no worries about surcharges or getting screwed one way or another. I get everything I want, call tones, unlimited pix and text, unlimited wap and EVDO, unlimited local and long distance, roaming works well, the places i do travel to have cricket so i get UNLIMITED everything there. I use it for personal and business and it works out great because its the same price every month. More and more local business people here are moving to cricket because they can get any PDA/smartphone they want get it flashed and be mobile with unlimited everything and roam when needed. I love cricket. :hehehe:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I only tried Verizon a couple of times, and as good as they are, I could not stay with them with how badly they crippled their phones and all.. Like I mention, I am with ATT not due to image, but phone availability but most important and quality but most important is because even though I dont have an unlimited plan for cheap, I have rollover that I almost never get to use anyways because most of my calls turnout to be M2M anyways..

Who knows, in the future I might end up with Cricket because they are about the only carrier available to me that I have not tried other then Helio, but after putting up with the horrible indoor reception from T-mobile and Sprint's, I am not sure I really want to try a carrier that also uses only 1900 mhz.. But who knows, if they do grow big enough, and start using 800 mhz and manage to do all that before some other carrier buys them out, I would not mind given them a try and if they turnout to be awesome as I would want, I would not mind moving all of my family to Cricket too.. :2thurabs:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

We use about 5,000 minutes a month...our bill is 60 bucks for 2 lines. My Circle does wonders for us. You could probably achieve a good deal with TMo too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another common complaint is from the people who used Cricket when it FIRST came out about how the "coverage sucks." I'm on my third year as a Cricket customer, and I haven't had any complaints yet, so that must be a relic. I really do remeraber when Cricket first rolled around, though. I was either a freshman or a sophomore in high school, and EVERYONE had that bricky looking Nokia with the first version of snake on it. Within a couple of years, I had watched those same people switching to different providers, all of whom were complaining about the coverage.

Hell, I was reluctant to move to Cricket for a long time. I ended up dating a girl who had Cricket service, and we texted all the time. I would have a $275 phone bill, hers was always $40 and I never saw her complaining about anything. I overcame my fears, decided to take a contractless risk, and paid my huge early termination fee to Cingular. The rest is history.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i just saw that you are in oceanside.

i don't know how you have such good at&t here, but man it sucks for me :P

i use cricket in oceanside and it works great. i live in clairemont and spend a lot of time in encinitas.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Around here, we don't consort with the commoners.

We don't use Cricket, and we drink with our tea with an extended pinky. Tut tut!

I really enjoy the idea that if you pay more for the service, it is of more value. It's as if the IS-2000, or the IS-856 that comes off of Sprint or Verizon towers is hand buffed by nude women, before it's delivered into your mobile.

It's not like a Ferrari vs. a Yugo. It's a red honda civic, a yellow honda civic, or a green honda civic. The red and the yellow civics have more accessories, cup holders, spoilers, rims, but all three go 75mph on the highway, 35mph in the city.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Most likely if it happens due to the fact that if the deal that Metro wants (64% ownership) we will become MetroPCS. That is IF it happens. Nothing has been confirmed. No one has signed anything. Cricket/Leap could just say No and call the entire thing off. That is IF it happens.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket is not the best deal for a family plan either.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do you figure? 70 bucks for 2 unlimited lines? 100 bucks for 3 unlimited lines?

As a new cricket customer, I can say a few things that annoy me about cricket. These are all little things, and they aren't real important, especially if you just want a phone. But, it would seem so easy to change.

1. No text messaging to/from an email address. This means I can't use google SMS. send mail to #@mms.mycricket.com and you can do email. granted sms doesn't work like this though. This works, unless you can't do mms because you flashed a palm treo (like me).
    2. No call forwarding when busy or no answer. This means I am stuck using cricket's voicemail rather than youmail, for instance. I like youmail because my clients can get a different voicemail than my frienRAB/family. Also, I like getting voicemails emailed to me.
    3. Roaming. Luckily, I don't roam often, but it will be a hassle when I go on a vacation those one or two times a year to switch plans/packages to get roaming, *228 my phone, then call back on my return and switch my plan/package back. you can set roaming to use flex pay so you don't have to add the roaming package. its what i use when i have company business elsewhere. Cricket insists I either have to get the nationwide plan or buy at least 30 minutes/month for $5.
    4. Email: When I flashed my phone over I wasn't aware of Cricket's port 8080 issue, which means I can only get webmail. this will change once ev-do is launched. they will have to open more ports so people can use normal applications.

They're all little things, they don't outweigh the unlimited minutes or the price, but they are annoying.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information