Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unlimted Verizon voice plan for $99.99

"Not the comitment type?" Hell yeah! Screw contracts. Period.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You'd be surprised how huge a percentage of Cricket's customers make less than $20k/year. None of these people will be interested in a $100 plan. Make no doubt about it, there will be plenty of Cricket customers who will move to the other plans, but as the cellular market continues to grow and more people drop their home phones and instead have a single wireless plan, particularly on the low end of the market, Cricket will always have plenty of business until/unless the big guys can undercut them, and that won't happen any time soon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lol.. I'd write verizon a check today for $2700 (my full 2 year committment + the cost of a 6800 with them) if they released unlimited for $100/mo.

Damn.. that's kind of scary to think that we spend that kind of money on cell phone service though, isn't it? Even with cricket, it's still about $1600 for 2 years service.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Screw that.. im staying with cricket... i looked at the other plans for the other carries and just.. ew no no.. im staying here.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

its only good if you are going around to differnt places, and if you go out side of your cricket are alot, yes i know you can do a prepaid thing or w/e but sometimes you just want things to work and not have to worry abou it, Helio is the same thing 99.99 a month everything unlimited, granted they use Sprints network, but meh Sprint has theres for 125 a month. and your right cricket is half the cost. it all just depenRAB on the user.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yep. It looks like the big carriers finally had the word "Cricket" come up in their board meetings.
    They found out (or now care) where some of their former revenue went.
    As far as I'm concerned, I'd jump on a plan that's with a major carrier that indeed has truly unlimited services for around $99.
    Yeah, twice as much but you get a real wireless carrier among alot of other things. Cricket does not have an option to talk to a live operator on their customer service line after almost 10 years live for goodness sake.
    I enjoy reprogramming phones to use on Cricket but I just cannot have them as a primary carrier.
    I'm afraid that "unlimited" is and has been the only thing that Cricket has going for them.
    If AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile go to unlimited plans, I think that it is going to be the beginning of the end for Leap wireless' Cricket venture in the US market.
    Times change. I can remeraber when you would think about how much your house phone bill was and think you were paying too much.
    Now, most householRAB have a home phone and a cell phone for each meraber of the family. So what would another $50 a month be for quality wireless service.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i like my 60 bucks a month unlimited everything + 30 minutes roaming

i drop a hell of a lot less calls than when i was on at&t or verizon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're gonna have to pay extra for data, etc.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is my input on this whole thing--The Verizon thing is only a good deal for business people whose cell phone is their primary business/personal line. If you live in a city where Verizon coverage is awesome (like me, in Rochester, NY), a lot of people already have Verizon--so what is the unlimited plan going to do for them?? They already get the In Network calling for free, so why would they pay more for the unlimited? I know people that use 2000-3000 minutes a month, but they only pay $60 a month including taxes because of the Verizon to Verizon calling.

On another note, I love my Cricket coverage and calling area. Yes, I know sell Cricket, but I switched my nuraber from Nextel over to Cricket and couldn't be happier. Most of our customers get the $50 rate plan (which comes to $58.54 after taxes). Now, if you get the Verizon plan to match what Cricket offers at that plan (they don't even offer the Unlimited 411 option), that bill after taxes would be between $160-$170 after taxes. Most people go on vacation once maybe twice a year. You can always add some roaming minutes if you go on vacation, and who really wants to talk on the cell phone when they are away on vacation?

My girlfriend has Verizon (personal), Cingular (work) and I gave her one of my Cricket demo lines back in Septeraber of 2007. She is going to pay the ETF fee for Verizon and just use the Cricket phone as her personal line. She has to travel all over the city for her job, and she has no problem with Cricket at all. Cricket coverage here in Rochester, NY is awesome, it is on par with Verizon. Cricket is still putting up towers here also, and they haven't even been here a year. If I had to travel for business a lot and was out of town all the time, then the Verizon plan would be great.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes crickets coverage is awesome.
    i'm not saying that cricket is dead in the water, just they really need to do something to keep those high end customers from leaving once these gain steam.

Ton-eP you must work for cricket, because that bit about boost is a cricket line. boost is taking a lot of customers from cricket right now, but i believe they will churn out of boost and come back to cricket for one simple reason, phone replacement is done strictly through moto and there is no way to do it locally. i've seen a lot of people already coming back from boost unlimited due to problems with it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information