Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unlimted Verizon voice plan for $99.99

I agree... If verizon really has EVERYTHING for $99/month, I'll probably switch. I almost left for Amp'd not too long ago, but it was just a little too steep..by the time you paid for everything, it was around $150/mo.

I love cricket, but verizon offers enough that I'd pay twice as much for an apples to apples product.

BTMF

this is what engadget is reporting

* $100 - Nationwide Unlimited (voice)
    * $120 - Nationwide Select Unlimited (voice, SMS, MMS)
    * $140 - Nationwide Premium (voice, SMS, MMS, VZNav, VCAST, email)
    * $150 - Nationwide Email and Messaging (voice, SMS, MMS, and data)
    * $170 - Nationwide Global Email and Messaging (voice, SMS, MMS, and international data)
    * $200 - Family plan with two lines, $100 per additional line.

That's not all though. There are even more perks and benefits in store for premium-paying unlimited users:

* 5GB cap on data is out
    * No contract extension for current customers
    * Available on one or two year agreements
    * All plans include Mobile Web 2.0 portal access (skip it)
    * No roaming or long distance

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What would we do with out our phones, and especially unlimited calling, text, etc.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't know that, but I don't think I'd ever get an iphone anyway.. I've played with them a little, and the lack of a keyboard drives me nuts.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Simple3,
    My "thoughts" on the subject are not my own...Did you not look at the figures Sprint released about its nurabers and the Boost Unlimited product?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

1) sprint has unlimited by boost it is a direct competitor to cricket, 2) i think you fail to realize just how badly people want roaming, at least here in ccv. if i had a nickle for everytime someone told me they needed it in LA or SF Bay area i'd be a damn millionaire even people without cars go out of town with other people. yes there is a lot of people that don't travel, but there is an even larger nuraber of people that do want it at least from time to time, and the prorations are the big downfall of roaming with cricket users and make them not want to try roaming. i truly think that if verizon or sprint offered this service with a no contract (and no credit check) prepaid-type option with slightly different pricing and no phone subsidy, then cricket would be all but done for. and with all the litigation and congressional research into phone subsidies and ETF's the traditional carriers are all but guaranteed to offer something like this soon. (as we've already seen by the pro-ration of etf becoming industry SOP nearly overnight) boost or some mvno could easily eat up the rest of cricket's customers that don't travel or need the data options. NOW is the time for cricket/metro to step up to the plate and aim for the stars, or it's all going to crash on them fast. say 20% left for verizon or sprints option, you're talking about the best 20%, the customers that pay their bills and subscribe to the features and all that jazz. then crickets left with all the crap that don't pay their bill that checks bounce on and cricket just looses money on it (it takes roughly 4 months average before cricket turns a profit on a customer). cricket cannot afford to be reactive to this. they must be pro-active.

Ok that just killed it, on Helio you can get that for 99.99, i know maybe im like compering apples and oranges but yeah, i was never a helio fan but to be honest i have one cause i sell them now, but i have yet to have any problemes with them, i had like the phone drop date on me like 1 times since ive been using it and it was like a dead zone i guess but its only happen once other then that its work great, i knew there was going to be something that VZW was going to do, xD i guess somethings are to good to beilve. @_@

*give me everything that the 170 has for 99 and ill switch over to VZW asap lol*
    on a side note, just take that new Samsung CDMA PDA phone, flash it to cricket, put in your AT&T or T-Mobile and boom your set XD thats what i think but meh to each his own.

*side note 2: or if your like me and dont go anywhere cause your stuck here then just stick with cricket xD lol *

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sprint offered unlimited for $99 and where did that get them?
    If you think that Verizon's unlimited plan will drastically affect Cricket you are seriously confused about the industry.
    Let Verizon offer unlimited everything, offer first month free and drop the credit check/contract and then we can revisit this discussion.
    OTOH it creates a very good reason for AT&T users to head on over to Verizon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You make a good point... No matter what Verizon does, they're not going to get at half of cricket's clientele, because a large percentage of crickets clients are people with poor credit and illegal aliens. Those two groups can't get service with verizon.

However, there is a large part of cricket's business that are people like most of us.. People who like "unlimited" but will pay a little more for better "unlimited"..

Cricket won't go out of business, but they'll definitely be hurt by verizon offering unlimited (but not very badly if the posted pricing structure is true)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

and with flexpay you could get it no contract

now sprint is going to have one for 60 bucks http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...-calling-plan/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information