Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Kanesh M

Is it true that people from mixed racial heritage are smarter?

15 minutes ago - 3 days left to answer.
    Additional Details
    11 minutes ago

why bring racism or obama into the pic -.-
    23 seconds ago

my lecturer who holds a phd has this to say..well its his opinion..he told us that since a person is mixed, their parents must have been 'phenotype' wise, be quite different as compared to parents of similar race..so thats why im asking your opinion

sheerbliss19
    I've never heard of such a thing, and I'm mixed.

academicjoq
    No. As with all traits, the offspring of racial mix have a broad spectrum of levels of intelligence. Just as Darwin established, the intelligence of all groups (including Asians) shows that there are some that are dumb, some that are very smart, but most are in the middle.

If you graphed that information you'd have a bell curve.

Those who claim Asians are smarter than others are ignorant of reality. This misconception is based on colleges where there are a lot of Asian students from Asia and THOSE kids are very smart. However, it is a select group who have come to the US for one thing ... and that is to get great grades. If you went to a Japanese or Chinese or any other Asian country and looked at their public schools you'd find that they are no different from blacks or whites or browns or anyone else.

Such statements about Asians being smarter is based on pure ignorance.

Your lecturer was being honest when he said his statement was only his opinion. For that reason he was WRONG to bring up what he said. He was also wrong to state that those of mixed racial background are 'phenotype' wise as he has no research to support his baseless statements.

Mark K
    no that would be racist

drevilynn
    No, your heritage makes no difference to your level of intellect. Just because someone has a PHD it does not mean they know everything and i see Absolutely no argument here for why mixed people would be smarter.

Jessica G
    i don'tt think race has anything to do with how smart you are. because if race was based on how smart u are than asians are the smartest people.

Phuong w
    I've always thought so too. But it also depends if the person is willing to study.

faloutboiIzCool
    As long as there is no 'black' in them, i see no reason why not.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information