Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket WAP Info get in here!!

I would call the proxy more a Gateway server or better yet a very locked firewall. cricKet's gateway server is not on the Internet. It has a nonroutable IP of 10.xxx.xxx.xxx. Since any hanRABet that wants access to info must go thru this server, you're limited to very specific things. :reallysad HTTP and WAP are the only two protocols I have used with success,maybe XML. Google trick works for these protocols due to the fact Google pages are allowed to pass thru the gateway to begin with, and you are using the WAP translator on Google as a proxy for the HTTP pages requested. Put an S on the end of that HTTP and it will 403 error out or give a bad gateway error. Any other protocols are the same as well. I assume if cricKet opens up the browsing they will move the servers to the Internet as Verizon and others do.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just looked up that 6265i phone and that im pretty sure with cricket will be a brew enabled phone
    i dont think cricket will be getting out of the brew anytime soon
    It says brew some verison only

most likly the cricket version
    im not 100% sure but i think metropcs and us cellular both use java

i think that phoen will be brew enabled and not java based
    :S

just my 2 cents wont know till the phone actually hits the stores and i can grab one

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you have loaded the cricket PRL and programmed the NAM via manual or OTA (*228) programming, then the phone is flashed...

what you are asking is for a full flash including web and mms...

sorry, but this is not possible with the phone that you have.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

All you have to do is reactivate it. press *228 and let it confirm it! I just figured that out!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since you successfuly flashed a Verizon V3c to work with cricket wap, mms, etc. Would it be possible to use DUN via bluetooth?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I read this info using PST from my frienRAB cricket razr phone. Perhaps this will help figuring out where to go. I wrote these files to my alltel firmware v4. flashed phone and I keep getting the "unable to resolve host" error message. I am also including the brew paramaters for mms if that is of any help.

and

and

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

;^) The link RandomWit refers to is here, and earlier in this very thread. (Page eight.) I've already been asked separately about writing up my EVDO results to share with everyone, so I'm working on that now. Look for it sometime in the coming week. Mind you, my method doesn't work without extra hardware and software, so anyone seeking to do this the way I did will need to make an investment.

:^/ -Unless RandomWit's method involves using the freely distributable program NVBackup to backup and restore nvm_files? They could be copied to PC and edited between backing them up from the phone and restoring them to the phone.... I look forward to his solution, too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Greetings,

I was considering a move from TMobile to Cricket using the Nokia 6275i. I visited a Cricket store in the Phoenix metro area and was told that you could not use the 6275i to browse beyond the 'walled garden' and 'its slower than watching paint dry'. My girlfriend does not use wireless internet so I bought her the phone. I would really like to convert to Cricket but if I can't get Google Reader for my daily news then its a show stopper.

Is it possible to get a Cricket supplied Nokia 6275i working beyond the walled garden? Anyone know if Cricket plans to tear down the walls anytime soon even if it means paying a higher rate?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i may include that option in my soon to be released thread for treos...

i've been saying that i'll post it for a month now...

guess it's time to start writing...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a verizon V3M that I flashed over to the CKT_V3c_09.02.00R_PRIii57147_MONSTER_01.shx Firmware. Using the zip file provided in the previous posts, I used PST and WAP and MMS worked like a champ! But I lost transflash capabilities so I decided to try the ALT_V3M_01.1A.00R_PRIkk27390_MONSTER_01.shx and now all I get is UNABLE TO RESOLVE HOST NAME when I get on the web. All settings have been checked and double checked. It has to be something in the altel firmware.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information