Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket Broadband In El Paso TX does this mean???

when cricket first launched evdo and there were about 2-3 markets and no prl for other markets, i was beta testing prls created by beezlewaxin to try to use evdo in my market...on some of the prls i did have an evdo icon on my mogul, but i could not connect via evdo...that is because cricket had no equipment in my market (at least none that was pwered up)...

your phone can say evdo all day, but that does not mean that you are actually authenticating and that you can connect via evdo...

the fact that you say your phone stays on "EV" while on a call throws up flags...your call can only go through on 1x, not on evdo...

sorry to tell you, but if the evdo launch was indeed done on aws spectrum then no way, no how are you getting it without a triband phone.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

dam well is there a pocket pc phone that is aws triband

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got a text from cricket today saying broadband Internet is going to be available in el paso texas for the pc or laptops. Now since we r getting this does it mean that we will be abile to get high speed Internet on our phones as well instead of the slow wap Internet that we have

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

don't believe so.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Check out this screenshot of the software version and prl version on my Q. Here is some SID info.

And here is a brief Youtube clip of my phone doing OTA. Notice the EV icon throughout the call. It does this with all calls, not just OTA calls. Here is a 611 call. Please let me know what you think.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

will the el paso area ever be able to access evdo with out having to have an aws triband phone

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

if your phone is EVDO you will be able to access EVDO.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i was not doubting that your phone had the ev icon the whole time you were on a call, i was saying that it makes me doubt you are actually getting evdo at all...

if you were actually on evdo, your phone would have to switch to 1x to send/receive calls/texts...

cricket does not have any voip via evdo connection, so you are definitely on 1x when you are making a call...the fact that the ev icon remains while on a call is what makes me think that you are not actually on evdo...

does the ##DEBUG code work on your phone? if so, it would pay to see if you are authenticated...

i would like nothing more than to see you guys get evdo, but if it's aws only then you are not going to get it without a tri-band phone.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have my motorola q on Jump, going on 2 1/2 yrs. now. I mainly have the Verizon monster loaded with the settings altered to get pix and internet. I tried and tried to get all the extras working on a Generic monster to no avail so I gave up.

I figured it was high time to give it another shot with the arrival of EVDO in our market. Usually when I make a call, the phone will switch into 1x mode, however, I flashed the generic again yesterday and noticed that when I make calls using the generic, it stays on EVDO. Any ideas as to why this is happening, or is everyone experiencing this today?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i got the text message as well in EPT. The only problem is that i still have no EV icon showing up...LOL...and my HDR still says 2=failed in diag mode...LOL and OTA and got PRL 38537.

Now if anyone from EP is getting Ev icon and speed please post your SPC settings and also if possible let us know what your phone is labled as on your account.

I have heard if your is labeled as a CPE then you may not get Ev, which might be my case?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information