Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Toon Zone Talkback - "Naruto Shippuden" Episode 101 Gets Simultaneous Debut in U.S. & Japan on Mar 26, '09

This is the talkback thread for "Naruto Shippuden" Episode 101 Gets Simultaneous Debut in U.S. & Japan on Mar 26, '09.

Well, this is pretty big news. That's quite a step forward when it comes to anime streaming online, so kudos to Viz for pulling it off. I'll be interested to see if this actually enRAB up becoming common when it comes to Naruto.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Toon Zone Talkback - "Naruto Shippuden" Episode 101 Gets Simultaneous Debut in U.S. & Japan on Mar 26, '09

Most impressive. I look forward to it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wonder how in advance they're getting the episodes for subbing...

...Now, about that dub...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Eh, I doubt this is much of Viz's doing because they are only doing 101 and 102 comes out the same day. Since Crunchyroll already announced 101 would be available to everyone on that day but 102 would be available to Anime Merabers only, then why not make it available at the rest of the places showing it?

To answer the question how soon in advance they get the episode for subbing, some of the ones at Crunchyroll said they were getting them two to three weeks in advance.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I thought that it had been done a few times before this already.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think VIZ may be hoping that they still get to premiere Shippuden on CN, even though CN has shown no sign of airing new Naruto, period. The last episodes of the original series still have not aired yet afterall, even though all but the last episode are filler.

Wow, only took them 3 years to get to where I figured they'd have to be to survive (I wrote a paper on the effects of piracy and the anime industry for a class back in 2006.) Now the rest of the anime industry neeRAB to follow suit. You want to kill fansubbing while actually improving your ability to monetize your content? Streaming is the path forward. You can make the real money on hard copies and high quality digital downloaRAB later, but you have to get the content out ASAP (as in simulcast) to build interest and pull in a few ad dollars.

Good job Viz/Crunchroll/Various Japanese Partners.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If CN isn't going to air it, I have my doubts as to whether Viz will even dub it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

They've already started dubbing it, so it's obvious they will.

The real question is if they'll be willing to go the FunPiece route with it...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information