Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon Adventure 02 on CR and Funi Talkback (spoilers)

Last Time: A touching reunion took place between the first and second generation of Chosen Children as well as between Tailmon and Wizardmon. Though he left as quickly as he came what on earth could has last worRAB have meant? And what is that little Ken boy up to?

Episode 18: FOLLOW THE KAISER'S BASE

Review later.

Well I guess everyone have different ways of going about things. Because the parents of the Tamers didn't have a problem with the digimon returning, the kiRAB were very open about their digimon returning in the movie Runaway Locomotion movie, not only was Ruka's mom cool about it in the movie itself, but the other parents were cool about too in the closing credits.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dagomon, right? I'm with you there

So in this week's episode, NOTHING IMPORTANT HAPPENED! NOTHING! There was nothing added to the plot, no real development of characters, nothing! When I saw this episode for the first time, I felt ripped off. I hated Starmon's voice, I hated Revolmon's voice and the episode itself was just plain stupid in general. I mean, yeah sure, it's great to be able to hear the original voices for this instead of those things that I think were trying to be western accents and failing horribly in the dub, but honestly it doesn't really matter due to how mediocre the episode itself was. Come on Toei, you guys made Adventure, you can do better than this. You know what this episode was for? It was to show Raidramon again. Because see, if they had gone straight to next episode, we wouldn't have seen Raidramon fight again like from last episode.

Four things I did like though.
    1. "JUSTICE! JUSTICE! JUSTICE! JUSTICE! JUSTICE! JUSTICE! JUS...oh I'm out of bullets"
    2. Tailmon grooming herself
    3. Revolmon...um...proving himself that he didn't have an Evil Ring
    4. Evolution music (but that one's obvious)

Now normally I would put hilarious dub moments here but I really don't feel like hearing those two really bad voices again.

(Does anyone else think that Starmon's attack is a bit overkill)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's true. I just didn't think much of the Dark Masters when I watched Adventure 01. Outside of Pilemon, I wasn't really impressed with them at all. Though, the dub might have helped with that, mainly with Apokarimon.

Exactly. That's how I felt about the villains in 01. Vamdemon was the most evil villain and I think he had the longest arc in the series. Once they defeated him, the rest of the villains felt weaker. It wasn't like how Frontier had a much weaker second half with the Royal Knights. At least all of the kiRAB had some important role and still needed some more development. But it just felt like none of the villains were as intense as Vamdemon. It is more like with Kurata after he was defeated in Savers.

I actually thought that BlackWarGreymon was more like an anti-hero than a villain. He wasn't trying to destroy anything, but he was more like trying to find his own purpose. I do agree with you that Daemon and Octomon should have had a few episodes focusing on them and finally getting some answers regarding the Dark Ocean world.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does this talkback also apply to those of us with Anime Meraberships, who can already watch the full series?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, 02 is kind of different. How would your parents react if they found out that your after school club was fighting a guerrilla war to overthrow a brutal tyrant in a parallel universe?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unless I forgot somebody, no Digimon died during this arc (except for one, who was reborn), at the very least no Digimon died at the hanRAB of the Digimon Kasar. Did that happen to make Ken's redemption easier?, because he still have a hard time redeming himselfs to the others and himself.

Come to think of it, this series had very few perminent Digimon casualties.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think so. I mean, sure, 98% of us have already seen the series in it's entirety, but it's more fair to those who can't pay to be able to discuss it at their pace, especially due to this being the first time it's been legally available uncut in the US.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

When did I mention him?, I meant one of the Dark Masters, the finale one.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well Yamato IS kind of a jerk

It was mean, but they had to ditch her to not endanger the plan right. Say it wasn't really clear but was Yamato's dad's in on the plan? It seems like he would be the kind of guy to go along with it if needed.

When Hikari was apologizing to Miyako...darn how could ANYONE get mad at that girl?! She's just SO darn CUTE!

Beside a few jokes added in this was pretty similar to the dub version, not much change were done.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information