Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon Adventure 02 on CR and Funi Talkback (spoilers)

The fandom consensus is that 01 is better than 02, mainly due to factors such as:

1. Daisuke, Miyako, and Iori not being nearly as developed and complex as the 01 cast.( I still admire 01's seemingly herculean feat of properly developing EIGHT main charachters!)

2. The kaiser arc being long and mostly uneventful, corabined with the lack of urgency it brought.

3. Leaving the fascinating issue of the dark ocean and daemon completely unresolved.

4. the ending

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now, with that, I have to agree. Otomo Ryuzaburo-san is awesome in Japanese, and Richard Epcar was really good. In fact, I actually went to Japan last year, and when visiting Odaiba, I remerabered Vamdemon.

What I didn't like, however, was how they brought him back for season 2, pulling him out of the bleeding nowhere. The guy frickin died twice, for Buddha's sake; surely they could've picked someone better for the final villain, if they even had to?

Honestly, the series should have ended with Ken.

Yeah I agree with that also. Many emotional moments for me in the series was because of Vamdemon, he did things that brought me tears and made me angry, and wanted to really see him suffer for his sins.

While I agree, he was much better in season 1. I did think what he did to his two servants in season 2 was a very evil act, that ranked with the evilness of what he did in season 1. He killed his two servants just for the hell of it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

About the parents knowing about the Digimon. I watched a later episode today (I have Crunchyroll anime merabership), episode 38 to be exact.

[spoiler]
    The kiRAB from the first series openly show their Digimons to their parents. It was apprently no need to hide them, as far as they knew, the Digimons were staying for the holidays.
    [/spoiler]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh, that makes more sense to me than ending it with how the next episode enRAB. I understand why you feel like that would have been the best and I could see, at least in some aspects like character development, how it could be useful to the overall feel of the series. I'm still not sure if it would work for me, but I'm basically content with the series pretty much after the Kaiser arc. I definitely respect your opinion, of course, and I'm sorry again for misinterpreting your original comment.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't think that he was being that mean. Sure, it was a was a tad harsh on her, but Yamato did have to get rid of her since they couldn't let her come. Telling her that it was a guy only trip probably wouldn't have worked since Hikari and Miyako were able to go. Besides, this brought on a kind of comedy relief part to the episode. Although one could argue that most of Miyako's behavior in this episode was for comedy relief, even though she was doing that so she could be braver.

If I remeraber things correctly for the end of this arc, Yamato does get a bit of karma with Daisuke's sister and all.

As for the episode, it was pretty well done. I'm glad we're finally getting near the end of the Kaiser arc since the better episodes of the series come up after this arc. I understood why they needed to attack the base as soon as possible, but I think Miyako still went overboard with her determination behavior. At least she did realize fairly soon and I did find her connection with Hawkmon at the end pretty touching. Even though it was kind of mean, I had a bit of a laugh at how Yamato got rid of Daisuke's sister. Though, to be honest, I thought that it was a bit funnier in the dub, especially when Matt's dad tells him that he has a lot to learn about girls.

It looks like I'll also like the next episode since we'll finally see what Ken's been up to. I completely forgot about his own created Digimon until I saw the preview. That will definitely be interesting to see.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

OMG WHEN HE SAID "GEGEGE NO GE" THAT IS A REFERENCE TO GEGEGE NO KINTARO! OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT...

Right...sorry...talkback...

Episode 15: SHURIMON'S MARTIAL ARTS.

Previously: Miyako's wildest fantasies came true with both a cute boy and Mimi in the same area. Somebody get her a room . After some fanservice regarding canon and a visit from Seadramon, my second favorite 02 Digimon Shuimon made his debut in the most cliche way possible. But who cares. IT'S SHURIMON! So this week its time for more of him.

Review to come after watching.

EDIT: Review time

-HEY DUBBERS! NINJA'S AND SAMURAI ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS! (And yet one of his moves is "Ninja Wind." WTF?)

-So, anyway, this is another one of those pointless episodes that didn't contribute directly to the plot. However there are two reasons why this episode wins.
    1.Shurimon's in it
    2.Igamon is played by Franky from One Piece.
    Therefore, the episode is completely fine to me So anyway, this episode was light on plot, full on action but at least it was not stupid like that Starmon one. It was just a standard episode. Though, now that I am not a little kid anymore, I get all the Edo references. Not a lot to say this week anyway.

-Ah, its good to see the Child/Rookie level kicking butt. We really don't see enough of that in Digimon. When did Tailmon have Cat's Eye? Did she use that in Adventure?

-Patamon slapping Floramon with his ears=HILARIOUS WIN! I bet he was thinking "Why are you out of the kitchen?!"

-Wow you'd think that of all the worRAB that Toei would not translate wrong, it would be Igamon's "Bunshin no Jutsu." Look, anybody who watches anime these days know what that means Toei.

-It was cool to see all five Digimon armor digivolve to the music. I don't think they had done that before this episode.

-Ironically, both the Japanese and English lines for Ken and Wormon in the beginning were the same

Japanese:
    Wormmon-Ken-chan this area will soon be yours too
    (Romi Paku does over-the-top evil laugh)

English:
    Wormmon-There's no need to worry about those Digidestined brats, this area will be yours soon
    (Derek Stephen Prince does over-the-top evil laugh)

Though Prince's laugh was a little bit more memorable if you ask me

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's probably the biggest one to me due to what could have happened during that episode and what actually did happen.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

basically every issue that the ending brought up was met with heavy diagreement towarRAB all of the fandom.

The fate of the world made no sense

The Jobs of some of them made absolutely NO SENSE, and some were insulting. (Although many of them sounded about right or decent)
    [spoiler]
    Tai, Izzy, Joe, Ken, Daisuke, Tk, Kari and Iori all had decent jobs[/spoiler]

And the couples nearly started WWIII on megchan's board. XD
    [spoiler]

Writer 1: Here's an awesome Idea! Instead of getting the cast together in couples, let's marry 95% of them to random people that nobody cares about, thus destroying everyone's ships all at once!

Writer 2: BRILLIANT! except Miyako and Ken, since scirel likes that one

Writer 1: Fine, Fine, but then she HAS to be relegated to being a 1950's housewife stereotype. Can`t go making too many people happy.

Writer 2: Deal.

[/spoiler]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh yeah. I forgot that this was the first episode that Hikari and Takeru weren't part of the action of the episode. Good point.

I thought that was really intense too. I forgot what he wanted to do to the kiRAB in the dub, but I'm fairly sure that they didn't mention hanging them or showing the scene where Starmon prepared their hangings.

Those are good and valid points. I thought that the new cast had some development, though I definitely agree that they weren't as complex and I don't recall as much development for them either. You bring up a good point that Adventure 01 did a good job with developing eight main characters. I also completely agree with the Kaiser arc and leaving the dark ocean unanswered. They could have made the Kaiser arc a bit shorter, or at least have more interesting and intense episodes like the Agumon arc, the dark ocean episode and the conclusion to the arc.

Despite the amount of hate the ending has from the fanbase, I never really thought that it was too disappointing. I can understand and see that they could have done a lot more with that ending, but I was content with it too. Outside of some pairings not actually happening and some of the random jobs the kiRAB got as adults, I thought that it was a cute finale. It was cheesy, but I thought that was the main point of the ending.

Maybe I'm mixing up with liking the whole series with really liking BlackWarGreymon, which was the best part of 02 for me. Though, I would have to finish watching this series and then Adventure 01 to make a more proper conclusion since my opinions could easily have changed since I last saw those episodes when I was around fourteen or fifteen.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information