Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Macross (Macross Frontier) - Talkback

Mecha slap for the win. Also, Klein's backstory comes into focus here a bit. I kinda feel bad for her, unable to live a normal life with as a miclone, so she's either a 40 foot tall piece of fanservice, or a loli.

Michael did come off as a jerk though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The animators who come up with these ideas.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well yes it's in a late night slot, but I think the show values will stay quite constant, with the more budget eps being character focused without space battles.

Oh yeah about the 2D-3D thing. While 2D animation is still quite amazing (Gundam 00) Macross battle move a much faster pace, which 3D animation is much better suited for. I'm not saying you couldn't do those fight scenes with 2D animation, it's just that it's easier to pull off (and most likely cheaper) to do it 3D animation.

I don't know, I think Macross is now getting to the point of being milked dry.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Macross Plus much more than the original, but Macross 2 was just awful. And let's not forget that Macross 7 was a series and, well, just look how that turned out. Macross Zero, fine, it looked pretty and had a stable story.

And with Robotech being remade into a movie, how much farther to really expect the franchise to go? And if so, can it prosper?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So Megumi Toyoguchi is voicing some kind of giant now?...Miri got gipped. I'm pretty sure if we corabine the two along with Winry and maybe a pinch of Nami you'd get the ultimate Toyoguchi character*

*Which will probably be Miri anyway.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So ep 15 was a good deal of recap, but it also filled in some plot points and had one of the most awesome scenes in the anime to date

[spoiler]of course I speak off the sing-off throw-down for Alto's attention by Ranka and Sheryl... Superb lol

So it looks like Galaxy had some group of people who can dwell in cyberspace coerce that fleet and then eventually gain control of the Vajra all for some plan. It sounRAB like they tried to 'develop' Sheryl and turn her into what they wanted, but now that Ranka has been discovered to be alive they're going to use her.

Grace was talking to a lot of other voices. I wonder if the cutsey female voice was one of the bridge bunnies potentially.
    [/spoiler]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

One: Macross II was AU

Two: Macross 7 started weak and ended strong

Three: Chances are that The guy doing the Robotech movie won't be able to use anything Macross related.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So watched 23

[spoiler]After the positive turn of Sheryl/Alto in 22 I don't know what to think. So much talk of Alto being an actor in his nature makes you wonder if Alto is acting when he's with Sheryl which would extremely piss me off if this is the way Kawamori is going with their relationship.

Sheryl isn't taking her medication because it impacts her ability to sing so I don't really see her surviving this. I just don't want the ending to be Alto's true feelings are for Ranka and they reunite and blah blah blah. Grrr

Looks like Grace's group plans to use Ranka to access and then 'hack' the Vajra who exist as one brain with each vajra representing a synapse. So they could then breed and effectively have a collective brain they (Grace's AI group) which spanned and controlled the entire universe.

[/spoiler]

That was a great scene. About What you talked about. Wathever Ranka has or is, these people were trying to turn Sheryl into. That means this group was expecting the attacks on the fleets also this means even more of the spotlight will be turned to Ranka rather then Sheryl because for all we know her fame and career were just away to see if whatever they did to had the effect they were hopping for (you know bring the bugs out to where ever she was). Now that they have Ranka Sheryl's really old news for them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It sounded like Sheryl's assistant and I think she was the one watching the meeting.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information