Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ponyo to open on over 800 theaters.

yeah i can't find any theatres in Texas. Oklahoma, Kansas or New Mexico Playing Ponyo online, mabye they just don't have there full schedules yet. Im gonna be p.o.'d though if i can't find a single theatre in my area playin the movie, i may just go on an ol fashioned stampede!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

HA! If they can't find one in Texas, then you know damn well that something's up-no worries, you're probably right in saying that they don't have their full schedules up.

Or I'm still in denial.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Note I have a very bad internet connection and quite often my morning posts are from the night before. I also sometimes have to make the post before I can look at later responces. That is why I made that "At least give it a chance" comment after you responded Rust.

I'm sorry.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

**checks Fandango** Sweet! Two theaters near me have Ponyo!

Judging by the commercials, this movie will walk a fine line between "cute" and "Japanese acid trip". I can't wait!!

Wow. Usually when an anime movie opens in MD, we get one, maybe two, theaters in the area, either an arthouse or Arundel Mills Muvico theater. Any other spots are in DC or Pennsylvania.

Not so here with Ponyo. We've got 9 theaters here in Maryland playing the movie, and in pretty popular areas as well like Colurabia, Owings Mills, Silver Springs, and Bethesda. I probably still won't see the movie during opening weekend because of my work hours (kinda hard to see a movie when you go in at 1:30PM and get out at 10:30PM), but I have a better chance now than I did during Spirited Away or Howl's Moving Castle.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Moviefone says it will be playing at the Century Rio 24 in Albuquerque, beginning 8/14.

But really, it's most likely that very few of the theatres have schedules for those dates. Heck, mine doesn't show what it's playing until just a couple days before the beginning of each week...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

But you're not allowing for the possibility that the acting will actually be good just because tween celebrities are in the cast. You think the casting will be phoned-in like for a Dreamworks movie, but as I've said Ghibli dubbing to date is more fairly compared to the appropriateness of Pixar.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe that's a good thing.

People need to see the greatness of Miyazaki, and using the youngest siblings of their biggest stars (and using them appropriately), will help attract that audience.

Now I've managed to see the Japanese with English subtitles, and I got to say, if you loved Totoro, you'll love this. It's a very sweet film.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think I'm gonna be able to stand the wait any longer. The DVD's coming out in less than a month and will be English subtitled anyway. I'll get that first and then wait for the blu-ray when it comes out in Deceraber.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks CG, but i'd really like to find one in OK or TX, Cause im not sure if I could get my frienRAB to go all the way to Albuquerque with me, but thanks for the info guess I'll just be patiant & check on wenRABday or thursday to see if things change.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information