Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

Favorite Digimons are Gatomon, Veemon, Renamon and Impmon

I was following TOEI's streaming of subbed 02 on Crunchyroll but when they stopped doing weekly updates and just dumped the whole thing it kinda lost its magic it was such a blast from the past to follow a serie weekly and talk about it with everyone! When that was gone I just stopped watching...its not like I didn't know what was gonna happen after all. Still I should go back and watch the World Tour in Japanese...

I too gave up on Savers/Data Squad after 12 episodes. I liked Masaru a LOT but the show just didn't really hold my interest...everybody else but Masaru was pretty bland and Yoshino was SO underused it was horrible. I sorta regret giving up on it seeing stuff like the first time Burst mode was activated or the BioDigimons and stuff... but at the same time I'm too lazy

I'm surprised they didn't bring back Biomerge Digivolution for Savers. It would have been the logical ending to Masaru punching giant monsters all the time.

Its no secret Tamers is my favorite. I wish TOEI would stream it too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

Don't forget Mimi's little brother. She said she had a little brother in the dub, don't the writers even pay attention to the series before they write stuff like that.

I think the Savers dub is by far the best dub. They really cut down on those lame jokes and was more in pace to the original.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

Probably one of the better developments in Digimon was the Worldbuilding.

Adventure had an overall idea of what the Digital World was and how it related to the Real World. However, it was rather lacking in how that world functioned.

Sure, from what we can tell, the Digital World was plauged by WarlorRAB and seemed to have no other government outside of small villages. It just left to the wind in how everything functioned. Or how food was produced. Speaking of which, we saw no large land animals in the Digital world. How the heck world the ecology work out!?

Ok, so I'm nitpicking. But it would be nice if the writers did thought the world out a little better.

Tamers and Frontier got better at this at least. It seems that theproducers took some time and figured out how these worlRAB would work.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

I think that you have a good point there about human nature. While I understand that Kurata's fear drove him insane, it made me dislike him to the point where he was annoying to me, as apposed to being seen as a cool villain.

As for Etemon, I never really took him serious as a villain. Other than getting all of the tags and crests, the only thing I remeraber liking about his arc was how it eventually led to Taichi and Agumon returning to the human world in a really awesome episode.

I also thought that Takato was a refreshing change of pace. I kind of liked how he went from kind of a daydreaming kid to the leader of the group of kiRAB with their own Digimon partners. Plus, as I mentioned before, I loved how he bonded with Guilmon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

I loved Our War Game, mostly because of the epicness of Omnimon, which was pretty much the inspiration for Jogress. I also loved Hurricane Touchdown, but if you don't like 02, that's understandable. Still, I think Magnamon is pure win, and the corabination of him and Rapidmon was even nicer.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

Anyway, looking past the TV Tropes hate for now (just read the entry) I would really like to know what everybody thinks of Digimon's OST. I'm not really too keen on Data Squad's in comparison to Savers since...well, I never actually saw Savers' dub (though I was amused that both Holland and Talho were in it ) but I can look back on the other shows now that I've seen the original's. I notice that both shows (though the originals in particular) did the Super Sentai/Kamen Rider thing in which they would play an insert song whenever the heroes started kicking butt. I'm tempted to say that Digimon's dub music was actually tolerable and actually a lot of fun to listen to. And this isn't nostalgia talking. I really liked the music in them. (probably because they got actual banRAB)

Heck the fact that dub Frontier made five different evolution jingles (one for each stage of evolution) when Japan only made two is very impressive. I really like Frontier's soundtracks too. The tribal tone it had to it was a nice addition that I really wish the original had focused on instead of more (awesome) j-pop songs.

And just to add, I wish I heard the "SLASH!" song more in Tamers. They kept using the instrumental version a lot and I'm all ready to sing and...."Oh come on, you're not gonna play it!"

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

Now Kurata's having been made a villain by his own nature was a unique twist, and I think if that had been used in Zero Two, I would have enjoyed that series much better (though I currently, and will continue to, maintain the viewpoint that the series should have ended with Ken).

Ken was, to quote my friend, "immature and traumatized over his brother's loss" - the perfect fuel for becoming the Kaiser. It was also very nice that Kurata was not "controlled," a syndrome which plagued the past seasons - he was an adult, he was old enough to know if he's doing something wrong, and was acting on his own nature.

And really, looking at Kurata - he's a sadistic, bloodthirsty man who at heart believes what he's doing to be right - it's the same sort of feel that made Yamaki a good villain, only this time around, he didn't come to see his actions as wrongdoings. That, and he was far more of a vicious being.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

But that was the nature of the show wasnt it? You had your champion, ultimate, mega, so it was only natural for the digidestined to fight more powerful villians as the show progressed. It wasnt done great but it def was done right imo...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

I'm pretty sure Our War Game is everybody's favorite

Hurricane Touchdown was alright. It wasn't the best but it was just a generic Digimon movie which was okay. As for Diaboromon, it had a lot of good parts (The ending) but somewhat seemed too short.

Battle of Adventurers wasn't all that and Runaway Locomon gave some much needed Ruki screentime which probably automatically puts it in my top five.

Island of Lost Digimon sucked. Sorry, I just didn't like it.

"Ultimate Power. Invoke Burst Mode" was really good since it was from beginning to end the Rookies kicking digi-ass without evolutions. Something you very rarely get to see. The problem was that

1) No Ikuto
    2) Masaru breaking out just didn't seem to make a lot of sense
    3) Too freaking short. This was more like a really long episode.

Also, I really like Revenge of Diaboromon's poster (especially Miyako's pose. It looks so cute)

Iori's face in that is just screaming out "I have no character whatsoever"

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

My favorite series in order are Tamers, Savers, Adventure, and 02 and Frontier are actually tied for last because both of them started out strong, but then fell apart.

And my favorite Digimon is Guilmon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information