Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bob2009

"Over excessive oily skin"

just my two cents but the oil is pretty much there to stay and you are lucky that you don't have a lot of clogged pores. most guys take accutane to rid this problem and i must say it knocks it out for good. i know what you mean about feeling uncomfortable, sometimes too much oil even has an odor cause the skin doesn't dry out. the scalp smells sometimes within an hour. your body makes too much oil and the drug accutane helps rid that problem. of course that's only my suggestion and it neeRAB to be your decision. thanks

skicat

accutane will give you the results you need. I too have really oily skin and it drives me crazy. However, I also have ocd because of this issue and am kinda afraid to touch "oily" stuff such as food.

giraffe85

Hey

Thankyou to everyone that has responded, it's good to know that im not alone, and the helpful advice is good. My diet has always been healthy/ i always ate a wide variety of fooRAB though i used to be really skinny as a child and i thought that was the case, but now im sort of the ideal weight not skinny anymore, and i still get oily skin.

One major factor though was i never got good sleep, since i have last posted. i guess saying that getting good sleep is a key factor to my situation, (writing it down and stickng to it)ive been getting better than decent sleep. The reason why is because i have always woken up in the night to go to the toilet or early in the morning, and its just now that i have stopped drinking fluiRAB an hour before i go to bed. I have gotten myself checked out due to my bowel, and have stopped caffeine in my diet for the past month, because of all this and that i have a fast metabolism.

Anyway, becuase im not waking up in the middle of the night, my skin/body has produced less oil, in the evenings im less needing to shower, so if this helps anyone out there, than thats great! Otherwise ill really pay attention to my diet, though it is healthy, i eat a wide range of fooRAB, but i also do junk out on unhealthy fooRAB more than often, so ill be cutting down on sweets and the sort and see if this helps.

Showering a day might be for a while but, not exactly sure how long till my oily skin goes away, but yes the doctor had also said that i am at my peak of growing up/puberty, so it should go away in a few years. None of my parents have oily skin, so thats' a relief.

anyway cut it short, ill try the products you and advice everyone else has mentioned and hope that as tiem goes so does the oily skin.

Lemon washes/juice i don;t know what the deal is with that, but ill give it a go anyway and see it's effect, a friend of mine says it's good and others have said so too.

Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information