Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    skicat

"Over excessive oily skin"

Have any OCD like issues from constantly feeling oily all the time?

giraffe85

Hi,

I get oily skin on the top part of my back and chest through to my scalp, where even my ears daily become oily.

I shower everyday to wash off the oil, where i sometimes will shower twice or even at times if it gets worse i have in the past 3 times in one day.

I'm 23 and male, and reaching the end of my puberty, and i am unsure of why i still get this oily skin or over excessive oil around the top part of my body. It is quite uncomfortable to partake in daily activities at times, and i definitely shower in the morning/it is a first priority.

What creams or what is the chemical or ingredient should i be looking out for if im to try tadn look for products. I am not concerned about the pimples, it is actual oil, as i don't really get a lot of pimples, i have had this skin condition for the past 10-12 years or so now, so im really unsure why i do get this.

I have been to a few doctors, and each have said to drink lots of water and limit the nuraber of showers i have per day and that it is a part of growing up etc. yet no actual solution to dissolve the oil or any actual creams or powders.

Otherwise i'm not sure what to do anymore, and it isn't very healthy as i feel uncomfortable during the day/i don't wear tight fitting clothing around my neck, or scarfs.

I have been to a dermatologist and have been told that it is acne, though then again not fussed about the fact i get one or two pimples/i hope i don't get any, but still, it is the actual oil that makes me feels horrible throughout the day and sometimes night even when it is around the top part of my back, chest, neck, face and ears, if i touch my face i will get really oily fingertips.

Thankyou in advance for any advice!

grandma1963

I don't suffer from OCD, but my face is extremely oily and I am 45. My skin has always been this way and so is my hair. I have to wash my hair everyday or it looks like someone has poured oil in it. So I personally don't think that just because you think that your skin is really oily that you have OCD unless maybe you think that your entire body is oily. I keep hoping that as I get older that I will not have that problem, but so far it hasn't made a difference. Good luck, from Grandma1963

sickofpain2

I am 45 and have oily skin.

My back broke out after birth of my now 13 yr old son.

I tried all kinRAB of stuff that did not work to clear this up. Recently, (from this board) I learned about how people use products like, head and shoulders shampoo to wash acne/oily areas.

I bought a back brush, the Walmart brand of Head and shoulders, original formula for normal skin type.

This has worked better than anything I have ever tried. Still have one or two spots here and there, but can say has been the best and easiest thing to use.

Other suggestions from someone here on the board was using Ultra Dawn dish soap, original formula. I found it very drying, but you may not. Dawn is know for cutting grease, so this makes sense to at least try it. Would be a lot cheaper than using some of the acne stuff you buy.

bellevuegirl

some people just have really oily skin, it's not uncommon. I myself still suffer from oily back, scalp, between my breasts, etc. (mostly in places I sweat)

Overshowering can sometimes make your skin more irritated which creates more oily, so I do recommend to cut down the showering. Also, oily skin can also be because if you have a lot of body hair, that produces oil on the skin.

The best treatment is using a shampoo when you shower that says 'daily clarifying' on it. That is usually made for buildup in the hair (hairgels, mousse, or oil). change your pillowcases, sheets, etc. about twice a week (this may sound like a lot but it should reduce acne if your skin is clean. Also wash your face with antibacterial soap at least once a day (preferably when you wake up). (I usually do it twice). You can also take vitamin C to build up your immune system to fight off acne.

-hope I helped

giraffe85

Not really sure what OCd is, but i don't have problems touching oil, or anything like that, but i do hate it when i wake up and im drowned in it on my chest, face and back.. and hate every movement of it.( i hope this doesn't get too repetitive me saying this but still.)

It should be something that is made aware of, i for the past 10 years or so have had this, day in and day out and it still drives me insane and it's tiring, and even depressing to some point.. and i don't really know what to do, just to wait for it to ease up completely being advice from my gp... i was loving the hot weather as always and now it's going to be winter season soon, will be absolutely hating it.. just being active throughout the day is a difficult task, and the quality of life becomes quite poor.

The ph level, i don't know why i haven't looked into it, but ive tried the ph level soap at some stage and it didn't do much, so whatever dissolves the oil substance, should work, that it is ph level being at one end of the scale or the other.

giraffe85

Hi again,

I just wanted to say that the idea from below is good, though i would assume you would water down the dawn ultra soap before using it, it could be harsh on your skin.

Also now that the warm weather has passed it's just horrible wearing jumpers over my skin.

Is there any research being carried out in terms of oily skin, as opposed to just pimples and Acne, might sound silly but still.

Im wondering if it's what i am eating that causes skin to produce more oil, there are so many myths and the such, chocolate/sweets, nuts etc??

Im still looking out for a cream that could be applied to the back and chest that will dissolve the oil for each day, and take away the uncomforted feel of oil on the skin, say a ph level cream or something of the like/not sure how it all works.

If anyone else also has suggestions in controlling oil, then that would be good.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm 22 and have the same problem. Unfortunately some people have enlarged oil glanRAB which produce too much oil, it's genetic/hormonal for the most part. My dad is 50 and has oily skin also which doesn't make me feel better about the situation. I have noticed some improvement by eliminating sugar from my diet as well as anything made with white flour. It's helped with my chest and back oiliness, but not so much for my face unfortunately. Pretty much any doctor out there will deny a link between acne and diet but plenty of people have found a connection. Do you take a multivitamin? It could be a sign of a certain vitamin/mineral deficiency though that is unlikely. However it has been shown that some people with acne/oily skin are deficient in vitamin a, zinc, or selenium.

Showering more than twice a day will probably just be counterproductive. I usually shower in the morning and again in the evening after exercising.

giraffe85

Is accutane similar to Roaccutane, just a different name in different countries.

I might try it, though it's not pimples im concerned about.

skicat

Yeah, different countries may call it different names.

Accutane dries up oil. It permanently shrinks the oil glaRAB.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information