Dear drgerd: Six weeks following my EsophyX TIF, I was still on Nexium (I had trouble getting off of it at the two week point), I was just about to go off of soft food, when I had several days with a terrible burning in my stomach. I ended up in the emergency room and was admitted to the hospital. An ultrasound showed no gall bladder trouble. A scope exam showed lots of bile in my stomach. The diagnosis was a stomach inflammation, gastritis. In addition to continuing the Nexium, I was given two medications to take upon my discharge: 1) cholestyramine and 2) metocolopramide (which I only took for a couple of days because of my concern regarding the side effect of tardive dyskinesia). To follow-up, I saw a gastroenterologist two days ago. He advised me to stop all the other prescriptions, and prescribed carafate (2 tsp four times a day). He said if I didn't feel better in two days, to start taking the Nexium again. This is my third day off of Nexium. At times, I continue to have some burning in my stomach (not nearly as bad as when I was admitted to the hospital), also some lack of appetite and occasional light nausea. I hate to go back on the Nexium...but your advice get off the Nexium gradually does make sense. Do you have any thoughts or advice regarding my situation? It is kind of you to take your time to post here and offer your professional input. Best wishes to you.