Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    stevenharper1

apple cider vinegar and LPR anyone have any luck on this???

I have been trying it for about a week actually, quite coincidentally.

I take two tablespoons mixed with a glass of water 3 times daily, before meals. I have noticed that it has helped, although yesterday I had a bad day despite it. I am hoping that it may help even moreso long-term...I have heard it can tighten muscles and I think it may be able to improve stomach acidity permanently after long-term use, although that is just my personal hunch.

It tasted horrible the first day...now i just chug the glass before each meal and its fine. Try it...you have nothing to lose...you will be fine. Right after drinking it I eat, because I assume leaving the acid on my esophagus would be bad. So don't drink it til right before u eat is my advice, but do as you like.

I got a huge one on Amazon for 15 dollars. Make sure you get it with "mother"

Acidaway

Apple Cider Vinegar is just one of many 'alkaline' fooRAB that can be used to stop acid reflux. See this post for the entire list of alkaline fooRAB:

http://www.healtrabroadoarRAB.com/boarRAB/showthread.php?t=763999

I've personally used watermelon, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe, fresh raw green kale, and chewable calcium pills to stop acid reflux attacks in just a few minutes.

lpr guy

anyone tried the ACV method for LPR? seems like alot of GERD sufferers get relief but noone says much about LPR.

jo80s

I drink apple cider mixed with honey when I have cough it makes it go away faster.

CharBerry

I went to health store and got cider hoping for miracle cure and natural one at that. I thought I was going to choke to death.... It burnt my throat and esophogus, windpipe, vocal corRAB, stomach, you name it. I couldn't get out a complete sentence for weeks afterward. I don't mean to scare you, I'm just telling you my experience. Same as good 'ol honey & lemon but not near as bad. The theory is that you "lack" enough acid for digestion and after 10 yrs with LPR, I'm pretty much game for any suggestions that may cure it. This wasn't one of them for me. Aloa Vera juice may have helped a tad with the uncomfortable throat tightness but not with the hoarsness that plaqued me for years...and years. What really seemed to help get my voice back to somewhat normal (not sure if it will ever be "normal" again) was a natural fruit juice I was told about that cured many things from the pulp of this foriegn fruit. I get into trouble every time I mention the name presuming that it's a sales tactic since it is sold by some individuals. But, I did find this to help me with many of my LPR symtoms. I continue to suffer from discomfort of random fooRAB (never knowing when) that will produce symptoms of excess mucus or throat so dry it burns, cough and choke episodes, sinus pressure, infections, pnemonia, PND, and rarely the most frequent symptom of reflux, heartburn. I was diagnosed with GERD/LPR/Gastritis/Bacteria H after seeing countless spec and enduring test after test for allergies, asthma, and even lung and upper resp issues. Finally, it was discovered it was my stomach. I've found that treating and keeping GERD symptoms have been much easier to control than LPR. Ten years or so ago, many Dr's didn't (or wouldn't) acknowledge the fact that acid reflux could appear so high up to cause these problems. Since having more upper resp problems, I found much more support in the beginning working with a good ENT spec. I've also noticed that even though the same suggestions are recommended for LPR and GERD that this is not necessarily true for many of us and that my symptoms have seemed to have changed over the years. Hope this information may be useful to you in some way and wish you the best of luck. It's most frustrating and I have never been encouraged to have surgery, which in my opinion the problem is a mechanical one that can only be "fixed" by fixing the problem with the valvue. Anything else only helps reduce noticable annoying symtoms.

CharBerry

CLWIL

Wondering the same thing myself

Susanna0174

Make sure you mix the apple cider vinegar in a glass of water before you drink it. Don't drink it on it's own.

Rosie Rose

I've tried the ACV cocktail, but found it to be too vile even with honey added. What worked best for my very uncomfortable throat was the "Slippery Elm" lozenges; they also come in capsules (which I've not tried yet.)

sls66

You can't just drink the apple cider vinegar straight! of course it will cause you to choke, gag and feel like, well, acid is running down your throat. that's what it is! ACID. You have to dilute the ACV in water. My mix is 1 TBS ACV and 1 TBS of honey mixed in a glass of water or fruit juice. I do this twice a day. At first it seemed to make the acid in my stomach worse and I almost gave up. But my drive to avoid taking unnecessary and potentially harmful antaciRAB and medication made me continue. I am glad I did because I see relief. Not to mention it lowered my cholesterol and improved my skin tone. I have LPR too and I know how annoying and frustrated it can cause you. Try the ACV but remeraber to dilute dilute dilute!

Rosie Rose

Thanks for those suggestions: Never thought of chewable calcium pills, but I make green smoothies using cantaloupe and fresh kale. Next time I'll add some watermelon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information