Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    nancid75

Spironolactone using please reply

I started spiro 3 days ago and the nosebleeRAB started yesterday. I was thinking it was because one minute my nose is dry, and the next it runs. I am also on Doxycycline, Differin gel, Finacea cream, and use Rosaderm cleanser. You would think I have it bad - but really I dont. I am just 33 and sick of the acne!

sidraz7

Hi I'm a new user of Spironolactone and I was wondering if I should continue my original routine while I start using this new medicine. I use to use Clean and Clear Acne Advantage for my acne and it works alright for me but I always break out near my menstrual cycle. So should I continue using Clean and Clear with Spiro? or just stop clean and clear and only take spiro? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!

Nici11

I've been on Sprio for almost exactly two months now. I like to think that my skin is finally starting to clear up, but I can't really be sure. I still have constant acne on my forehead, near my mouth and sometimes on my cheeks. I'm on 75 mg per day. I'm not sure if this is even enough, as I've read other boarRAB on here with women taking more than that. However, my birth control and the water I wash my face with could be effecting my skin as well. I've read a lot of good things on here about Sprio (try doing a search) which is why i started taking it in the first place. Good luck!

cazzie28

Yeah that's true. I just asked my doctor if I could try Spiro today. While she said yes she went on about how its for excess hair etc.. She sounded a bit un convinced to me but shes a nice doctor and I just explained that I researched it on the internet and had read that it helped some people with Acne. Honestly I am yet to hear of someone who has tried Spiro and had bad results.
    Hopefully the same will go for me.

dh2271

hello there. I just started spiro today and I am a bit nervous about it. I am afraid of side effects. I just want the painful acne to get better. Let me know how you are doing.
    Thanks

karm0099

sidraz7 - I take it all at one time at night before I go to bed. I have never taken bactrum for acne, but know others do and it seems to help.

bob2009

everyone, my niece wants to know what mgs works to clear it up so she can up her doasge and did it make anyone sick at their stomach?thanks

Jacqueline807

Wow, so I'm not the only one with the nosebleeRAB. I was also taking Doxycycline while on Spiro. But they didn't do much at all, so I'm off both now. Bactrim is wonderful.

goosepimples

hi guys!
    I take 50mgs. spiro in the morning and 50 at night. I am taking 100 mgs. of minocycline with each of those doses as well. It's only been 2 days on the mino but I really think that I may be seeing a difference for the better. My forehead is still breaking out but I think that overall my skin may be improving. Still have a while to go though. I am not going to change anything until I see my doctor again in May, but I think I may want to go up to 150mgs. of spiro to get rid of the oil totally.
    Sidraz: I think the antibiotic is a good idea at the beginning--I am so relieved I called my doctor to ask for it. I wanted Bactrim (there is so much encouraging stuff listed on here about it) but she prescribed me Mino instead and I went with it. So I say ask for the Bactrim. I am going to ask for it next appointment because of the side effects of Mino that Karm0099 mentioned.

kesae

Yay I finally got Spiro a few days ago. Its been almost 2 years I been trying to get my hanRAB on it. I'm excited and can tell that its already working. My sister got Spiro a month before me. Her acne is cystic and just being on 50mg her skin is looking better. I'm on 100mg a day and wanted this for my oily skin. Feels like I wasted so much money on other things like saw palmetto, spearmint tea, etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information