Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    beautyseeker24

"Backne" ruining the prospect of summer fun!

I vowed this year I would learn to be comfortable in my pale skin, even in the summer! I was not going to give in and tan, but now, I have developed the worst acne on my back! I exfoliate, I use and oil free moisturizer, unless I feel too oily, I shower once a day, I don't over exfoliate, I have used salicylic acid cleansers and treatments, I drink lots of water, I try to get at least 7hrs of sleep a night. I don't feel overly stressed. What can I do?! It took 2 weeks to turn into what it is and not one blemish seems to wanna heal up and its been months! I am ready to start tanning again just to try to get rid of it! I just want to be able to put on a tank top! Can anyone help me?!

simon82222

I sympothise with you a lot.
    I have had bad back ance and face acne for many years, although my face acne has improved over recent years.

About 3 months ago, I decided I wanted to lose weight and went on a diet / detox.

It involved a practical elimination of carbs.
    I lost weight and felt a lot better, and also I noticed my back acne just vanished. I thought nothing of it.

Part of the diet plan, was then to re-introduce carbs.
    I had totally given up eating bread, I used to have a bread roll every day for lunch. But then I decided to eat bread again.

The back ance has come back, just as it was 4 months ago, and it didnt take long to come back, maybe a week or so.

I started reading some web articles, about wheat intolerence and the part excess insulin plays in acne, and do now believe that certain fooRAB can affect our bodies far more than we think.

There has to be a reason that something is now happening to you, that didnt happen before. It's just a question of finding out what that is.
    Maybe not so easy, because we are all so different.

Anyway, I'm going back to cutting out all bread, and I'm also going to cut out milk. I had switched to skimmed milk a few years ago, then went to Soy Milk in the diet. I'll let you know how I get on.

Sorry I cant advise you specifically because we are all different, but i can at least share my personal experiences. Simon.

simon82222

Bacne has now gone and been clear for 3 months. No bread eaten, mainly unsweetened soy milk, but will have skimmed milk occaisionally.
    you are what you eat, I guess

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information