Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Accutane Dude

Accutane Thread! Tips/stories Anything Accutane Related

Just bumping this thread up to answer the questions I am being asked about myself.

LynX21

Hey Accutane Dude,
    I feel your pain and know what you were going through ( to some extent) Anyways I am posting to speak to you and ask you a couple questions. Right now I am on 60 mgs of Accutane (Its my second month, About 35 or 36 days into the treatment.) i had it pretty bad and still do but its (today) getting a little better. I am 19 and weigh 215-220 pounRAB and would like to know if you think I should go up in mgs. I want to but my doctor said something about him being a little worried because my cholesterol was a bit high but I figure it's only for a few more months so I will be fine and just eat healthy which I already am. Anyways I really want to up my dose and make sure that it never comes back . How can you make sure it never comes back. Also I am not using any moisturizers or lotions and the only time I clean my face is during the shower I let water run on it. Anyways thanks and good luck to you. Also did you stop using accutane in your second run? And why?

Accutane Dude

All I gotta say is Fucidin cream is unreal. This moisturizer/antiobiotic is amazing for stopping the spread of acne and no dryness at all! You put it on 4 times daily and it is a miracle cream. My acne is almost gone now thanks to it, beautiful, my derm knows her ****.

Evey55

I can not understand why accutane makes you break out so badly? I mean, it dries all your glanRAB and oil up, so why the initial breakout? That's the thing that would scare me the most about being on accutane. I've read so many stories on here about people who had like moderate acne, then started the accutane and had such horrible breakouts that it leaves them with scars and red marks.

Do you think if a person with mild, but persistant acne, went on a longer, lower dose course...that the bad breakout period could be avoided?

Accutane Dude

Thanks for the comment about my writing. I'll toss you an msn for sure. I thought i was in the homestretch but low and behold here comes another cyst. Actually I shouldn't even say another because I have NEVER had one on my face before. Now all of a sudden the first cyst I have ever had comes out of no where. I am getting sick and tired of this sh.it.

Accutane Dude

How has your accutane experience been so far?

DiselPower4

153 lbs, i know i use to be on 80 mgs. I hate it, but what can i do. Hopefuly he will let me stay on for 7 months.

beaglesews

I know this is a pretty old post, but I'm a mother, who's 18 yr old daughter has just been prescribed Accutane. I am worried about future pregnancy side effects for her. At the time, she's not sexually active, but I worry that there could be side effects 5 or 6 yrs from now, when she may be ready to start at family. IsAccutaneSafe poster, maybe you can answer my ?? by telling me if you have started a family & how that is going for you? Hopefully, well

DiselPower4

So far so good im in the end of my 2nd month. My body acne is completely gone. My face just have a few and its only the 2nd month the DERm said i have a approve so much. The red spots are finally fading. Right now im on 80 mgs on M,W,F and 40 mgs T,TH,SAT,SUN. Also normally the accutane doesnt kick in until the 3rd month . I know i would take accutane a 2nd time bc its less toxic than the first course which you probably know. Hopefully i can go on 80 mgs everyday.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information