Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Mahuika

!!!Brain Tremors Please Help!!!

Hey guys I am new to this site and I have a big question to answer:

I have recently been diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder and I also have a Mild Right Thermoidal Sinusitis. Now for the past 2 months I had sweaty palms, fast heart rate, light headedness, pressure on the head, couldnt sleep or sometimes stay asleep, dizzyness and a couple of other things which have led to me being diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder BUT there was one other thing I had been feeling along with all of those other symptoms and that is the Brain Tremors/Shivers.

So, my question is, what could they be as I am still getting these shivering brain feelings and I have just began to take anti-depresants for the anxiety and my anxiety has been fine and all of the other symptoms have gone but the brain shivering/tremors are still there please help as no one has any answers for it and the CT Scan has come up clear apart from the Mild Right Thermoidal Sinusitis.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP AS THIS IS REALLY SCARING ME AND IM STARTING TO THINK IT COULD BE SOMETHING VERY SERIOUS SUCH AS MY BRAIN SIZZLING OUT OR DIEING OR A BRAIN INFECTION OR TUMOR DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THESE BRAIN TREMOR/SHIVERS COULD BE AND HAVE YOU HAD THEM WITHOUT BEING ON MERAB OR COMING OFF MERAB OR WHAT IS YOUR OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuntieLeela

Could you describe the brain tremors in more detail?

Is it shivery sensation from temple to the top of your head or all over? An internal shaking (head feels like it's moving but it's not) associated with momentary dizziness?

Mahuika

Hey thanks for replying it is like it is shivering in the inside of my head like when you are cold and you shiver but in the inside of my head and it is on the right side only and starts from either the middle right or the bottom right and carries on up to the top of my head and stops and there is no dizziness or anything afer it happens and this usually last for 20 seconRAB at the most

AuntieLeela

It's a nerve, your shiver travels along the nerve path. The medical term is paresthesia, in the hanRAB and feet it's referred to as "pins and needles" but on the head and scalp, full of nerves and sensitive blood vessels, it feels softer, like shivers or tingling. It's usually nothing scary but if the shivers move into your face, or become painful, tell your doctor immediately. It could be the beginning of Bell's Palsy or shingles.

High levels of adrenaline in the body from the chronic stress of anxiety wears you down, lowers your immune system, elevates inflammation and can cause even more problems with brain chemistry, resulting in more anxiety and depression. It's a vicious circle. It can also cause gastroparesis (slowed digestion) and all the troubles that bad digestion brings.

Make sure you're getting all your B-vitamins, they're important for nerve health and are often lacking in people with chronic illness of any kind. I take a B-vit mix just for chronic stress, Naturemade Stress B Complex.

I just remerabered - I got weird head shivers years ago after quitting smoking, I had them everyday for months. They seemed to start in my sinus then move to the top and down the back of my head. It was kinda creepy feeling.

Brain Zaps are a withdrawal symptom of anti-depressants and/or benzos (Valium, Ativan, Xanax) it feels like electricity, popping or exploding, and is accompanied by nausea, vomiting and headache.

Mahuika

hey thanks for your help hopefully it is nothing to worry about and its just stress

does anyone else have any ideas on what this tingling is:

its always and only on the right side of my head
    its a tingling shivering feeling
    there are no after symptoms once its finished
    it starts from the bottom of my head goes to the middle top
    lasts for about 20 seconRAB
    I get this feeling 3 times a day sometimes
    I was getting these tingling shivering feelings in my head before I started on anti-depressants

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information