Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "huffing"

Jrobaby

"huffing"

My friend just died from "huffing" canned air... I am trying to cope with this loss, and I need to understand it better. Does anyone know, what exactly does inhaling canned air do to your body?

mel486

"huffing"

Welcome to the group and I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I don't know much about "huffing" so I looked it up on the Internet and found out that the propellant in canned air is a heavy gas that replaces the air in the lungs, which causes the person to feel dizzy. It replaces the Oxygen in the lungs and the person can die from hypoxia (deprived of oxygen).

This is a good lesson to know that you don't have to take various levels of medicines to kill you, but ordinary household items are just as dangerous or more so, because people don't understand that they can be fatal.

Again, sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing. It helped me understand it better by researching it and I will talk to my son about its dangers tonight.

reachout

"huffing"

Hello

I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I lost a special friend on this board who died of cocaine induced heart failure. I had never met him personally, but it affected me greatly and caused much sorrow. For you, it has been a friend who you have touched, and shared with and heard each other's laughter. It must be extraordinarily sorrowful for you.

As you try to cope with this huge loss in your life, it might help to know that drug addicts are those who have yet to learn how to cope with thier own life's insecurities and hurts and pains. We hide in a drug to block the painful thoughts that we can not deal with. As you have found, it is a dangerous way of coping and leaRAB to no good enRAB. Perhaps much of the answer you seek lies in understanding the addict more than the drug of choice.

God Bless you in this sad, sad time. Make this passing of a friend worthwhile in your life... learn from it. Honor his passing by grieving for the person and understanding that this person sadly had not found a better way to cope with life... find your own healthy way.

In hope always
    reach

Secrets1983

"huffing"

First off,

I am so sorry for your loss!! What a hard thing to cope with. I don't know anything about huffing but I wanted to at least give you my condolences. You and your friend will be in my prayers!

Take care of yourself!

jennybyc

"huffing"

My nephew died of huffing 21 years ago and I've been so disappointed that there hasn't been more done to publicize this epidemic.

David started on airplane glue as he and his dad loved working on model cars and planes. Gave him that high, lazy, relaxed feeling....like you're just about to pass out from lack of O2. It ended with him huffing propane from the propane camping canisters. He had a whole mask system and tubing to get the most high for the least propane. He left his mask on 1 second too long and the world lost a wonderful 26 year old.

I'm so sorry you lost your friend and you'll honor him/her by educating everyone you know about huffing. If his/her death can save even one person, then his/her life has had great meaning. He/she had meaning to you and that is honor as well but use the death of your friend to save others. I have spoken out whenever and wherever I can and I don't know if I've saved anyone but I know I've educated some parents who were totally in the dark.

Again, I'm very sorry for your loss...............Jenny

Jrobaby

"huffing"

Thank you, all of you, for your responses, it means a lot to me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information