... also called "Hot dog headache," "Glutamate-induced asthma," and "MSG syndrome."

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm having trouble finding any recent information on it - like whether it really exists and whether it's really connected to MSG. Anyone talk to a doctor about it, or get diagnosed, or anything like that? Or at least know of any RECENT studies on it?

It's sort of a vague collection of symptoms that comprise pretty much all aches, pains, breathing problems, skin problems, and anaphylaxis, which often hits people after eating Chinese food. It's thought that it's because of MSG, which according to to this study by Eli Lillie increases your histamine production by 150% - which means you could have a mild allergy but get majorly sick if you have it with MSG.

I tested negative for all food and respiratory allergies, but I've been getting bad angioedema in my eyes for years. This year it's started happening in my lips. Today, for the first time, it also affected my throat. It's getting worse every time, allergy meRAB (Allegra, Zyrtec) don't help, and we don't know what it is. The doctor gave me prednisone to take when it hits. It works all right so far, but if the swelling starts attacking my throat as badly as it's attacked my lips and my eyes, I am so screwed. Gonna see if I can get him to prescribe me an EpiPen just in case.

My only known allergies are to neomycin and metal. Neomycin burns me and metal, even gold, makes me break out in blisters.