Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Sore ribs"

stardust24

"Sore ribs"

I have had lower back problems for a few years and i finally went to physio a few months ago and it was diagnosed that it was actually all the muscles in my right rib cage are torn very badly and all the tiny nerves there are sending signals to the main nerve at the bottom of my back. I have tried anti inflammatory tabs, very strong pain killers, physio, and heat wraps and also heat sprays but nothing seems to work i find it does seem to get alot worse if i stand for long perioRAB of time does anyone know if it could be anything else that is triggering it off or know of any other treatment i can try?:wave:

redsmom

"Sore ribs"

Wow this was a real stumper and believe me I tried to do a search and although I did find some things on torn muscles in the rib cage there was nothing to indicate how it could be alleviated the info was useless. But I will continue to try but hopefully someone else will be able to through before me. So this was diagnosed? And how did this happen? You know, just out of curiosity because most of what I read the ones who suffered as you were into sports. Hang in there.

stardust24

"Sore ribs"

Thankyou for replying to my problem. yes it was diagnosised by my physio. her exact worRAB to me were that my back was horrendous. and i also had to be put on a retracting machine and i also wasn't allowed to do any stretches or any other excercises in physio as she said it would make me alot worse so she had to just like massage in between each rib everytime i went. and in my line of work i have to stand for long perioRAB of time and bend and lift alot which she had said not to do for a while but as you can guess that didn't last for long as my employer would'nt have been happy and also nether my work frienRAB as that would have left them more to do on top of what they were doing. and it has been because of the line of work i have been doing since a young age that this is happened. i am only 24 and i've had enough already wonder what it is going to be like in another five years.

redsmom

"Sore ribs"

Stardust I can truly say that I've been stumped! Is there no more information that your doctor can offer? You can try to ask him/her where you can look for further info or just get at least the medical name for it and do a search under that name and please let me know! I really feel you not your frienRAB they should be a bit more sensitive to what your going through. I hope you find your answers and quick healing and keep me informed. My mom when through a dilemma similar to yours and ultimately what she had was so rare that it was just called X-Factor because there was no real name for it. Don't give up. Vivian

NYCman

"Sore ribs"

This post is simultaneously inspiring and dissapointing. I also have undiagnosed rib pain for about 8 months. To the two posters here, was the problem visible on an x-ray, and if not what was the actual test or procedure done before the diagnosis was made. I would REALLY appreciate it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Sore ribs"

I too have the problem of extremely painful ribs. I had it for MANY YEARS (beginning in my early 20's), & it seemed to worsen with weight loss or gain, pregnancies (shift in ctr of gravity) AND standing for long perioRAB OR sitting rigidly upright! I discovered what MY problem was during a course of diagnostic MRI's re: my spinal disorder. MANY bulging and herniated disks were identified in my Cervical & Lurabar Spine. What surprised my Physiatrist were the 2 herniated disks in my Thoracic Spine (T-11 & 12)!!! T-12 actually connects the ribcage TO L-1. Because the T-Spine is "braced" by the rib-cage, it is a somewhat unusual area for herniations/ruptures. However, problems there WILL CAUSE RIB PAIN, or mid-back pain that radiates around INTO THE RIBS!!! That is what MY problem was. I STILL deal with it occasionally, but it's much improved now that I 1) am not continually reinjuring it; 2) am on maintenance pain meRAB! Hope that helps.

NYCman

"Sore ribs"

DanGovt, thank you for letting us know. Is there an official term for what you have? Is there anything surgical that can be done to correct the issue? What meRAB are you on and how often do you take them? Any info. you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information