Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RF Ablation

darbymai59

RF Ablation

Hi all, I got up this morning and was able to walk a little better for a while. I didn't have to take a pain pill til 9:30 a.m. I think maybe I might be on the road to recovery. I certainly hope so. I have no choice on the working matter. My husband has advanced COPD and cannot even walk to the bathroom without his oxygen and then he is still out of breath. So needless to say he is very little help for me. He is 61 and I'm 60. Both too young to be in this condition.

Lynn I'll pray for you to get some relief soon.

darbymai59

RF Ablation

Hi lynn, I had my procedure in Kansas City, Mo and afterward my daughter drove me to her house in Camdenton, Mo. The doc gave me an additional shot in the butt for pain so I could travel for 3 hours. He doesn't usually recommend travel after the procedure but agreed to it. I ice every day and it does help. I also had 2 ESI's back in June but they only helped with the sciatica about a week each time. I wish you the best and hopefully it will work for both of us.

Kera, good to hear positive results. How many times have you had this procedure? Do you know how many you can have before your doctor says no more? Do you know what comes next when you can no longer have it. I have lots of questions so if you can't answer them maybe I really don't need to know.

kera4

RF Ablation

SKZ, you asked about icing-I would usually ice 20 minutes every couple of hours. Regarding driving-I agree about taking breaks. After my RF at the end of June, I went a week later for a 2 hour drive (I wasn't even driving), by half way through the ride I was really hurting. We stopped and I walked around, which really helped. It was a big family 4th of July party-I just didn't want to miss out. Sure wish I had brought some painkillers, though Kera4

lynn1961

RF Ablation

Hi all.....

Kera, I hope this works for me too. I will continue to get this done if it helps. Would be better than having surgery. Surgery is no guarantee neither.I have had 3 epidural injections and they worked but only for a short time. Today is the 8th day after the procedure and I am still hurting some, mostly when I am up trying to do things. I was told by my neuro-doctor that I have several tears in the disc lining in L4-5, L5-S? I am durab to the lurabar area LOL I have bulging disc and degenerative disease. I did get in a car accident in april of this year and that is what sent me to the doctor.I've tried PT, without much success. seems I have lost a lot of muscle strength in my legs. So, now I go to the gym and work out at my own pace and i am hoping this helps. I find that working out on my own versus a therapist is better LOL My docs tell me I am doing everything possible to help myself.

SKZ, my doctor knew what levels I needed done. He had given me epidural injections by fluro-xray? Excuse me for not knowing the correct medical termanology to some of this. This is new stuff to me LOL What kind of doc is doing this to you? I am quite sure your doc will be going by a MRI report to know which levels? Have you had Epidural injections before? As soon as you get this done.....go home and relax and donot try to do a thing. I doubt you will feel like it anyways. They will knock you out while they do this procedure. I had like 6 bandaides over the areas the doc put the needle. 3 on each side. Just try not to worry about it before you get it done...

Darby, I hope you are feeling better today! I am somewhat better. I do push myself too hard though. I have been up today doing a few things but had to stop and rest my back inbetween. Today is really the first day I've gotten anything done. What is exactly wrong with your back? Not sure if I read what was wrong? Is it a disc issue? I am so durab to all this back problems. Well...I hope you are feeling better today and keep in touch as I will keep in touch with you.....

take care everyone!

SKZ

RF Ablation

God, I coulod use some right now. bad day

SKZ

RF Ablation

A physiatrist is a "physical medicine Dr. aka rehab Dr." He did all my epidurals, facet injections, medial branch block, trigger point injection (for my neck), etc. A different kind of Dr. will do my rhizotomy/ablation...whatever you want to call it. Most of the time anesthesiologists do those kinRAB of more advanced procedures. When I had all this stuff done in my neck, it was always an anesthesiologist (all those injections, discogram, rhizotomy, etc.).
    I also have the same stuff you guys have wrong with your back. To read my MRI report one would think my stenosis is terrible. But like I mentioned, my spinal surgeon thinks the radiologist is wrong. He also made me wait 2 hours and 45 mins. without an apology, and gave me 5 mins of his precious time. So now if I ever need surgery again, forget HIM. His ego is just too big for my stomach. I should have charged him for MY time waiting. (AND he lied in his report).
    Yea, all those things mean the same thing, except i read that sometimes laser is used on ablation.

kera4

RF Ablation

I'm so glad your RF went well! Just rest and ice a lot and take your meRAB. I always found the first few days afterwarRAB to be the most painful, but like you said-when you are used to the daily pain, it does not seem so bad. I will be sending healing thoughts your way-take care, Kera4

lynn1961

RF Ablation

Hiya darby.....

I had the same exact thing done as you, on the same day. Strange huh? I had mine done in Colorabia, MO. After the procedure was done on wed., I felt really bad and was in bad pain.The pain was not much better the next day. I am feeling somewhat better. I am taking pain med. as well. My doctor told me it could take a month to start feeling any results. I am hoping it is before a month. A person sure gets tired of back pain and being limited to do anything.I am curious to see if anyone will answer your question about have a repeat of this procedure. This is new to me as I have never even heard of this procedure before.I am so desperate to start feeling better that I tried this. I did have 3 epidural injections prior to this procedure and they helped but wore off rather quickly.

Wish you good results!

SKZ

RF Ablation

How often did you ice and for how long?

xzx

RF Ablation

Hi all. I had to chime in too. I first want to say good luck to all having this done, I really hope it goes well for you. I am having this done on Friday, 3 levels on both sides. I have never has this done before ( had injections ).
    My doctor has said I will be awake ( not versed ) is this normal? and recovery should only be 2 to 3 day's. I am starting to think I should make more plans with my kiRAB ect... ( single Mom ). Also, has anyone had this done after fusion? I has TLIF done about almost 2 years ago. I think I am just starting to get nervous because it is getting closer to the day. Thanks! I hope everyone is feeling good today.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information