Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    hockey.chic

$8,000.00 enough for 6 months of backpacking in Australia?

I have already bought my ticket. And i also have a workers visa and plan on working some days throughout my trip.. I am going to be staying in cheap hostels aswell. So do you think 8 grand will be enough for food and what not? Thanks!

Kirk B
    This depends on whether you will be in Sydney or Melbourne or are planning on venturing out. Also it depends on what tours you plan to do. Generally things cost slightly less than in the States (depending on what State obviously). You can eat out quite cheap (some places do a AUD10 buck steak); however if you plan to do alot of drinking you're looking at around AUD6 per drink in most city pubs/bars - although cheaper if you head out of the cities. Travelling by air or bus is quite cheap and it sometimes works out better/cheaper to fly.

If it was me I would probably be able to last on USD8 grand!

Jennifer H
    If you re good with your money then yes it will be plenty and maybe you can take some home. If you book trips and love to spend then have a credit card to fall back on. Shop for food in the supermarkets checking the prices you can get a loaf of bread for $1.50 to $4.40 depending on the brand. bananas. about $2.50 a kilo some times cheaper You can buy a whole cooked chicken for less than $10 but most supermarkets will sell half a one. A can of baked beans or spaghetti just over $1. If you fly to another state or town check the prices on the web jetstar and virgin have regular specials. they are often cheaper than the bus. Hopefully you can pick up a little work but jobs are not as easy to come by at the moment. If you perservere you should be lucky. Good luck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information