Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone experienced lack of desire for food during pregnancy?

Ever since I was a little kid to right before I got pregnant at this year at 29 I have loved food. I am 5'4' and about 117, so the constant eating never bothered me.

However since I got pregnant I have lost my desire for food nearly entirely. I do have cravings but once I eat the food I craved I no longer desire it. When I do eat it is usually out of quilt and obligation to the baby. I have lost weight but that probably has to do with stopping weight gaining sleep aids as I have experienced in the past.

I am just very curious if anyone else has ever experienced this or knows anyone that has. (I did not have any vomiting so morning sickness was not a factor).

Anyone?

Thx

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    8w5d, i feel like i am not getting adequate nutrition because NOTHING sounds good to me. it's partially due to my nausea but overall i just dont find any appeal in eating. i try to make sure i eat healthy food whenever i do eat. and if you have trouble with nausea, start off by eating a bite or two of protein first, then eating the rest of the food.

good luck, i know it's tough

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yh i get that some days i want 2 eat but don't want anything i just end up trying something and end up eating it but yh it is normal for you 2 feel like that. it is the most annoying thing though as being pregnant make you always hungry. hope this helps.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've also loved eating ever since I was little but when I first got pregnant, food really turned me off. I would pick at the stuff on my plate and eat like a bird. Nothing appealed to me. And it doesn't matter if you don't have morning sickness. Pregnancy hormones can definitely cause you to lose your appetite in general, even if you aren't nauseous or throwing up.

Your desire for food will return later in pregnancy. Right now, you're doing what's best. Just eat what you can, when you can. Baby will be fine. Just remember that there are some women out there who vomit during their ENTIRE pregnancy and most have perfectly healthy babies. I lost between 10 and 15 pounds my first trimester (again, this happens to many women) and had a healthy full term boy. I made up for the lost weight later.

Consider yourself very lucky because of the simple fact that everything you eat stays down! :-)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You used to be on weight gaining sleep aids??? That means you used to need help gaining or maintaining a healthy weight (my husband is the same way so I understand it's possible).... So now that you are pregnant I think you may need to speak to your ob about what's going on... She/he may be able to prescribe you an appetite increasing medicine safe during pregnancy... Losing weight during pregnancy is not a good thing and can have very serious and dangerous results...

So yeah ask your doctor about this one asap!!!! You are already small and the baby is not getting what it needs... The sooner you fix this the better... Make sure you tell your doctor the truth about your previous weight issues... Lying or withholding info from the ob never has a good outcome...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information