Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

what does sony need to do/offer to make the ps3's price worth it?

i bet sony doesn't believe that it "needs" to do anything for it to sell. they're really confident in the machine

sonys a bunch of cocky bastards like that. a year and a half ago when i was looking for a laptop my mom called up sony to inquire why their prices were so much more than the competitors for a computer with lower specs. the answer, "Oh well we dont feel like we need to compete"

They need to package in a game, a blu-ray movie (kinda like how they bundled spiderman UMD for the PSP, it'd be a good way to showcase blu-ray capabilities), and a second controller for it to be worth the price tag.

ill get it eventually when the price drops after a few years
    plus then we'll really begin to see exactly the capabilities of the machine with the games coming out at that time

i was saving for a 360 for awhile and got some help to be able to afford one
    but being in college and casually dropping nearly 800 before all i need to do is buy the games i want is painful

its just too expensive out of the gate...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

they're already losing a shitload of money on each system sold as it is, why would they lose even more by including a game or another controller?

it's Sony we're talking about. No console brand has reigned for more than two generations, and this time won't be any different. I'll get one because I can afford it, but they'll take a big hit in the casual market.

It wasn't pushing a grand.

This is getting fucking absurd

include a psp in the package

The games

Buy a Wii and a 360 if you want, try playing MGS4, Gran Turismo 5, or Final Fantasy 13 on either of them and you might realize why the price of the PS3 is worth it.

Games make the system, the system doesn't make the games. And if that means that you need to spend a little more on a system that has the games you want then why not do it? I honestly still see nothing on the 360 that I want, and it's been out for awhile now. I could buy it and get "next gen graphics" but I'd be stuck with games that I don't really want to play. Don't fall for that trap, unless you like the games coming out for a system do not buy it.

A little more is $50, not $200 Rumors are saying that the Wii itself could be $200. It's fucking ridiculous when the price difference between two systems is the price of the 3rd system by itself.

gloryhole

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information