Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new phone

new phone

So, for you Z520 fans, what major features differentiate the Z520 from RAZR???

Best I can tell, the Z520 has a 65k TFT display while RAZR only has a 262k TFT with more pixels.

Matt, if you don't like any of the RAZRs, consider buying either a ROKR (which I have and like) or a SLVR L7. Both can be found unlocked from various sources. Other options would be the V360 or V635.

From my personal experience with several Sony Ericsson models (T68, T610, K600, K750i, S700 & W800), their RF performance leaves much to be desired. Perhaps they have it fixed with the Z520, but I have not played with that model.

Tango Uniform

new phone

If you are interested in an mp3 player phone give a look at the W600,
    smaller memory than the ROKR but RF, gaming and battery life are much improved.

MAD SEEG!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

new phone

Well are any of the razrs somewhat upgraded? Or is that only the new v3i? I like razrs I just dont want it if everyone considers it older and outdated. SLVR L7 a forturne though! I was hoping to pay like around 200.

MAtt

new phone

What about v3x? Also should razr and z520a be about the same price? Hmm seems then that would make it seem like razr is outdated. When will SLVR L7 be out more, anyway to get it cheap

Matt

new phone

The razr IS outdated it has been out for 8 months on rogers, and probably longer in the states.
    Plus at least at rogers, every other person is going to have the razr.

The v3i would be the one to watch for.
    I am not sure what the v3x is?

new phone

The V3x is a 3G phone being sold in Europe and Asia. It has a 2MP camera, 3G data, removeable memory and more. It is intended for that market, not Cingular in America. The V3i is an update to the V3 and is also available in Asia. The updates include a 1.3 MP camera (up from VGA), 12MB internal memory (up from 5MB), memory card (TransFlash) and MP3 player. Since they are running about $500, they are out of your price range.

If you consider the V3 outdated based on the above, the Z520 is definitely outdated since it came out around October 2005 with the same basic feature set as the V3 (except the display). Also, the Z520 is a spin from the Z500. SE added Bluetooth and infrared to the Z520. On a technical note, the Bluetooth in the Z520 is a 10 meter version whereas the V3 has a 100 meter version.

Both V3 and Z520 are available in your price range and are comparably priced (V3 is a little higher). It's your choice.

The L7's are about $350 right now so they won't be in your range for quite a while.

Tango Uniform

new phone

I probably cant afford v3i so I would be getting regular v3. So many differing opinions. I cant decide regular v3 or z520a

Matt

new phone

does this help?
    The v3 is the best phone that was ever, and will ever, be made.
    Nothing else compares, go with this one.

thats not true, but i am trying to tell you what you want to hear.
    cheers

what is your source for the bluetooth range?
    100 m is a long ways.

new phone

Haha, didn't help. I dont think my computers even have bluetooth

new phone

I am getting idea that razr might not be the way to go. Whats a good/ hot phone around 200 other then razr.

Matt

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information