Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

phone with mp3 player!

In conclusion, the W550i is a great phone for music lovers. Although there's no memory card, 256 Mbytes is more than most phones and is enough to make this into a useable MP3 player (enough for around 75 tracks).

is this true? only holds about 75 songs?

phone with mp3 player!

and ive seen the 600i cheaper than the 550i.... so im trying to decide between those 2

phone with mp3 player!

then just use the playlist. on my dad's e398, he never uses the java program

phone with mp3 player!

75 songs?? not true you can hold more than that. Well I have 103 songs on my W550i because I changed the kbps of all my songs to 64kbps which makes every roughly about 1-2 mbs. I still have 53 mbs left. lol. Changing the kbps make the sound quality a bit worse but I can't hear the difference between 128 kbps (which is normal) and 64kbps. Sony suite will have this feature on it. I have to say go with w600i cuz of the quadband and I think EDGE... not to sure about that and at least it sold in canada, so you can warranty by sony ericsson canada or otherwise like the w550i, if you ever run to a problem with that phone you'll never get it fixed by sony ericsson canada cuz it not sold here. I had that problem, so get W600i .

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

phone with mp3 player!

From the offerings I've seen, the E398 does not come with a memory card. A separate 512MB card would hold about 120 songs that are 4MB long. The card will run $28 and up. If you can live with 20 less songs, the ROKR would be a better unit.

Oh yeah, an the ROKR is less than half the cost of the Sony Ericsson W800i (which also comes with a 512MB card). Your choice, but I'd rather have a ROKR and a couple hundred bucks in my pocket than the W800i.

Tango Uniform

P.S. It's been my experience that the ROKR has a lot better RF than the W800 (I have both).

phone with mp3 player!

the w800 also has a 2MP camera. 2MP camera>everything thats out

your on tmobile, should be the same, or you must be on something

phone with mp3 player!

The original request was for a music phone in the $250 range. The W800 is significantly more. The 2MP camera, superior though it may be (for the time being) is irrelevant to the question posed.

Before I make any comments on RF performance, I lend out my phones to other people to get their take (a sanity check). The people who have tried my W800 all agree that the RF is significantly worse than most GSM phones they've played with.

Tango Uniform

phone with mp3 player!

The E398 is not a bad unit if you have the patience for it's somewhat laggish response to button presses in menu's, SMS etc. Java MP3 program or Playlist player both slow it down even more.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information